what offset will work best with these volts??

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Tire sizes will vary by manufacturer meaning, a continental tire in a 245 may be narrower than a BFG in the same size, or shorter, etc. This can also change by the models, too. Meaning a continental summer tire may run wider than advertised compared to their all season. A good way is to check the tire specs and compare them to other brands. I do know that federal tires and the BFG comp 2 run very wide.
This is going to be a tuff one considering the before stated. This will also depend on how you want the tire to be placed on the wheel or in relation to the fender. I.e. Stretched or flush or a bit of a bulge on the rim.
A 245/40, 255/35 and 265/35 are all approved for a 9.5 wheel but the tire may sit very differently on the wheel between the sizes.

oh k i see and understand. i still want the flush look. i was looking at the bridgestone potenza RE970as ultra high performance all terrain. i want the tire to sit flush with the rim. not that terrible rolled in look..

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
oh k i see and understand. i still want the flush look. i was looking at the bridgestone potenza RE970as ultra high performance all terrain. i want the tire to sit flush with the rim. not that terrible rolled in look..

255/35 or 265/35. I'll look at later tonight and see if I can't determine how the 970 will do in those sizes.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
[MENTION=2827]m8ttixsti[/MENTION]

They don't make that tire in a 255/35 or a 265/35. Any other choices?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Well, looky there. I couldn't get them on bridgestone website.

Man that's a heavy tire. 29 lbs!

255 is just slightly smaller both in width and height. Look at the tire specs of each.
I think I'd try the 255. It's up to you.

yeah they are just about the same. they are run flats that might be why they are so heavy. thats again for all the help. now to start placing orders. thank you @Spamby you have been so helpful. will post pics when everything arrives and tag you in them. ill keep looking at tires and if i have a question ill post it here.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Get the RS05rr. I really looked hard at them and damn near got them.
Can't wait to see your setup

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Just checking. ;)

hey [MENTION=1507]Spamby[/MENTION] do you have any tires that you would recommend. i am in southern california. winter is coming up but i dont take to may trips to the snow. it would be rain or dry conditions mostly. let me know. the rims will be here in 30 to 60 days.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I would think Summer tires could be used in SoCal winters but if you plan to head to snow country, summer tires are an absolute no go.
I use continental DWS all seasons and they do very well in regards to wet and dry. They are also very good in snow (when the tread depth is optimal). They have long life, comfort and very good dry traction for an all season. Steering response is good and feel is adequate, though not on par to summer tires, as to be expected.
I can't say too much more about others as I've not owned many cars, SUVs and trucks, mostly. I had a good experience with Michelin pilots on an Acura but can't remember the model.
I'm looking at nitto neo gens for my next tire as they seem to provide more grip but at a loss of tread wear. Want to extend my driving time on the new rims and then switch to a performance winter tire when the snow finally hits here in late December through February.

ok thanks ill check out the continental dws. they seem like a good winter tire for me to pick up. ill just pick up some summer tires next summer. so ill start off the the dws for now. just in case i do some snow driving :D

i like the tires and price. what size do you think will work best?? from what i read about them the 255 35 18 seems like the fit just right. just want to ask you to make sure. the price on the tire is great too.