What to buy first.....

STeye

So with a little convincing, I was able to get my wife to allow me to buy something for my car. Problem is I'm limited to just one thing. I have narrowed it down to either a short throw shifter with bushings or a Perrin AOS. I'm leaning towards the AOS because I feel it's beneficial for safety with the motor. But I really want a short throw. What does the hive say? What would be the smart thing to do here?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Totally two different things, lol.

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
AOS for sure!

I could deal with crappy shifting for a while but not oil in the intake system.

STeye

AOS for sure!

I could deal with crappy shifting for a while but not oil in the intake system.

That's how I'm currently feeling, but I can't stand the stock shifter at all! Hopefully slme extra funds come about soon so I can get the short throw. We just got my 19 month old out of the hospital, been there for the past week. So after insurance covers their part, I'm gunna have a pretty good medical bill, decreasing the chances for a short throw. But it is what it is.

SudoSTI

I would also second the AOS. If I were to do it over again with a bone stock car, also having a limited budget, I would work on allowing the engine to operate and cleanly and efficiently as possible. Keeping oil out of the intake charge would be my #1 . Not sure what your AOS budget is but the IAG unit is the best on the market if you can swing it. Also I'm not sure of the shifter/linkage setup on the 2016s but getting just urethane bushings rather than a short throw shifter will be much cheaper and will improve 99% of the feel as it will remove any slop and make the shifter almost "snap" into position rather than the stock "blah" feeling the super squishy OEM units provide.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Our Vendors can get you a great deal on that. ?

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

301BOOSTED.COM

Inactive Vendor
The IAG is right at my budget. I will do some research on it.

I have a couple different AOS options and plenty of short throws in stock. Our first time purchasers get a coupon code emailed once they register with our site.

Shoot me a Message if I can service your needs!

Sent from the hands of 301BOOSTED.
We thank you for your commitment!
PERFORMANCE PARTS & TUNING
Email or Call for service!
(E) Info@301boosted.com
(P)301-500-0632

Grinder34

Track Monkey
So, it's not on your list, but have you considered an oil pickup. Its along the same lines as an AOS, with motor health in mind. I don't think the design has changed since the GD cars, and that was prone to failure. Easiest way to kill a motor is oil starvation.