What to consider when choosing a wideband?

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I've been thinking more lately about getting a wideband sensor/gauge set. It's gonna be
a pain because my downpipe doesn't have a spare bung welded on...oh well. Anyway, I've
been looking at many different brands and models online. When I hear most of you guys
talking about e-tuning, etc. you all seem to suggest an AEM UEGO.

Why is that? What is special about the UEGO that other's don't offer? I'm also assuming
that the UEGO has a method of logging AFR data and letting me put it on my laptop?
(So I could email the data with a log of the data from my AP, or whatever.)

I don't want to break the bank but I want to buy the most useful wideband. Can you guys
give me a few things to consider when buying a wideband?

Thanks again guys!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
When i did my research a while back I came up liking the LC-1. I honestly forget the reasons now, but I think it was largely to do with the programability of the setup--you can hook it up to any gauge and make it work. You can also have it output a standard narrowband signal as well.

Thats all i know.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
The reason I recommend the uego is because it is the simplest to use and set up... it is just as accurate and fast as any other... Has RS232 for logging and cost is very reasonable compared to others of the same functionality. Granted it is not the prettiest but I care more about function.

But you go with what ever suits your fancy :tup: As long as you can log via rs232, they are all good.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
The way I would data log currently would be to use my AP, and then transfer the log to my computer
via USB and then email them off to whoever. I don't believe my laptop has an RS-232 connection. How
would you recommend me transferring the data? Maybe I can find an RS-232/USB converter, or something
of the sort.
Also, if I were to log with my AP and also with the UEGO, and send the data to someone, would they be
able to use this data is this fashion or would it be too difficult because it's too different logs?

I actually am tech savvy :lol: just not about tuning equipment/software, etc.