wide body front fender ???

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Well thats a personal question that you need to ask yourself. Its your car and you make it look the way you want it to look.

What i recommend you do is outweigh your options. The money spent on the fenders+shipping could be used on something else unless youre set on exterior and those exact fenders.

It all comes down to whatever your personal priorities are!

What else would you rather slend the money on?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
If your prepared for body work then go for it. Though I would be hesitant on them just cuz it's hard to make them right or fit right or even stay looking right. Even the more expensive ones can have fitment issues.
But as alinro says it's a pure personal choice.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Something about that price scares me. I've looked at a ton of body kits and exterior parts over the years
and one thing I always seem to notice is, if they are good quality, they are generally farrrrrr more expensive
than this. I don't look for over priced shit, but in the end it's like they say "you get exactly what you pay for".
If your heart is set on this, then have at it, but for me exterior parts are near the bottom of my mod list.

Do you have sway bars yet? For $319, you could get at least one good quality sway bar, maybe two.

JuanSTI

well i was thinking about it just cuz my driver side fender has a pretty bad dent. but ill just go with an oem one, i just got an oem hood for 233. but you guys are right, if im goin to spend money, ima spend it on stuff that makes my car run better. being that u brought up sway bars does it help to have those, and maybe front and rear strut bars, i got all the mounts except for trani all group n, coilovers??? ext.. i got 70,000miles on my car, i got new water pump, timing belt and belts, all engine gaskets are new, all oils changed out. only problem im having is driver side wheel has a clunk noise coming from it?

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
The clunk is in the driver's side front? That could be a number of different issues. If you're not suspension
savvy, I'd have someone inspect your suspension components. Sway bars make a big difference in handling
and are considered by most as one of the more cost effective modifications.
Strut tower bars are another story. A front strut tower bar doesn't always make a lot of difference, but the
GD STi's benefit greatly from a rear strut bar, but only in the X or V-brace designs. Rear strut bars alone
are almost useless without the brace.
Cusco makes a V-brace, which I have in my trunk:

http://igotasti.com/vBforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4297&d=1362448871

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/Cus...-Models-inc-1998-2001-2-5RS-2002-2007-WRX-STI

I have the Group N tranny mount installed and I feel that it made a noticeable difference.

As far as coilovers go, I'll leave that discussion up to the other guys here. I personally have not had
very good experiences with coilovers over the years, so I'm more of a struts/shocks and springs kind
of guy.

I guess I didn't realize your fender was already damaged. If you're going to replace it anyway, then it makes
a little more sense to choose whatever fenders you like. I just figured that, if you were replacing them just for
looks, the money could be better spent elsewhere. Get a hold of some local body shops and tell them what you are
thinking about doing. That way, you'll know who to trust in the event that you need painting or adjustment work
done. It's always better to plan this stuff out before buying the parts.

Last edited:

JuanSTI

sorry i forgot to say rear driver side and i think it might be the bearing.

well for struts/shocks and springs or coilovers, id go with whatever would be better for my car, havent done any research on this so i prob should.

for the fender, there aint many trust worthy shops around here ill tell you that