Wideband bung placement

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I've never dealt with a wideband before, but I realized that I should add a bung to my DP before it goes on the car--as I will almost certainly add one in the future. That being said, where on the DP would be the best place to mount it. I've done a fair bit of reading and found some "internet wisdom" but would like to run it by you guys first.

1) Radial Placement:
Some sources say you want it to be between 10-and-2 o'clock, while others have said as close to perpindicular as possible. They all agree not to go below 3 or 6 o'clock.

2) Distance from turbo:
It appears you want it within 18" of the turbo, but not closer than 6". Too close can cause it to burn out. Does pre or post cat affect readings?

3) Fitment
Do any combinations of 1) and 2) above result in a wideband placement that wouldn't fit for some reason (intereference with other bits of the car, transmission, etc), or makes it extremely hard to get to?

I dont know how often one would need to get to the bung/sensor, but I'd like to minimize the number of times i'd have to do that, and make it easy when/if I do.

I'd love any/all advice! Thanks!

ZachTTLM

We have always placed these on the straight section on the side facing the firewall. This allows for an easy way to secure the wire from any hot areas by zip tying to the existing wiring/plumbing along the firewall.

leftbehind126

I had mine welded just a tad over 6" from the mouth of the downpipe. It's been in there for roughly 9 months with no problems. (AEM UEGO)

Sorry I don't have better pictures. Hopefully this gives a general idea.

2011-06-19_11-47-44_549.jpg

2011-06-19_11-50-24_624-1.jpg