WTB: Battery Tray/Tie Down

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I've always had a tough time properly securing my battery. I have a basic Cobb, metal tie down
that of course goes across the top of the battery and is secured with nuts to the two, threaded
long metal hooks. (Idk if the tray might be different on different model years). As I'm sure you
know, the bottom end of the hooks are supposed to catch underneath the plastic battery tray.

When I tighten down the nuts on the top of the threaded hooks, which tightens the metal battery
tie down, the hooks turn at the bottom and slip out from under the tray. If I hold onto the hooks
with pliers, etc. I damage the threads. If I'm patient, it can be done, but it's such a huge pain in
the ass.

Also, since the tray is plastic, even if I have the battery tied down properly, it flexes periodically.
One night, on a TERRRRRIBLE road, I hit a huge pothole that was impossible to see. The tray flexes
and the hooks pop loose, so now I have an unsecured battery moving around under the hood.
Bad juju.

I imagine someone carries a metal battery tray and hopefully a different method of strapping it down.

Any ideas? Thanks guys!

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Bump!!! Seriously, somebody with make me a better battery tray before I lose my mind. Name your price.

I HATE the piece of shit, factory battery tray and tie downs.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Sorry you're having issues. We have an aftermarket race battery with custom made hold down.