WTT: APS catback for something louder

armygeye

I want to trade my current exhaust for something louder. I am just bored with it, I like to change it up every now and then.

call/text 7067613312

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Get a straightpipe!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I was thinking that, but this is faster and I like to see what other people have.

I had an Invidia N1 race CBE. I took it to a shop and had them cut off the muffler and weld a 3" straightpipe on. Best $30 spent. :tup:

Just another thought.

- Also, I am not sure if anyone else is like me, but when I got the straightpipe, I was fasinated by the superior roaring. Now here I am 6 months later WANTING to be ever louder because I got so accustomed to it.

Last edited:

Z1107

I'm the opposite, I want my straight pipes gone! Way too loud! My friend couldn't even hear his own Borla exhaust when behind me.

By the way armygeye, where do you live, I have the same area code for my phone.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I'm the opposite, I want my straight pipes gone! Way too loud! My friend couldn't even hear his own Borla exhaust when behind me.

By the way armygeye, where do you live, I have the same area code for my phone.

Not trying to thrash on armygeye's thread or turn this into a chat thread, but I'm curious as to why you went straightpiped and how long you have been straightpiped. When I first got it put on, I got two loud exhaust tickets in the first 3 months. Now I know how to drive it and have been safe ever since. :tup: I absolutely love the sheer roaring it puts out when boosting. I get a lot of thumbs up from loud ass muscle cars, but I wish I was louder after hearing some V8's with a true straightpipe. (Some have X-pipes and Y-pipes, but there sure is one hell of a difference between them all!)

Z1107

Not trying to thrash on armygeye's thread or turn this into a chat thread, but I'm curious as to why you went straightpiped and how long you have been straightpiped. When I first got it put on, I got two loud exhaust tickets in the first 3 months. Now I know how to drive it and have been safe ever since. :tup: I absolutely love the sheer roaring it puts out when boosting. I get a lot of thumbs up from loud ass muscle cars, but I wish I was louder after hearing some V8's with a true straightpipe. (Some have X-pipes and Y-pipes, but there sure is one hell of a difference between them all!)

I'm straight piped all the way to the turbo. When I first got it my car sounded like a formula 1 car but LOUD. I put an HKS can on the back and it took it down to a bearable level. Guys in mustangs and cobras ask if I have a six or eight under the hood and blown away when I say flat four. My car is loud at idle, I can barely hear my radio going down the road. So time for a catless turboback with resonators.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I'm straight piped all the way to the turbo. When I first got it my car sounded like a formula 1 car but LOUD. I put an HKS can on the back and it took it down to a bearable level. Guys in mustangs and cobras ask if I have a six or eight under the hood and blown away when I say flat four. My car is loud at idle, I can barely hear my radio going down the road. So time for a catless turboback with resonators.

I am as well! :tup: I have a 3" open bellmouth catless downpipe hooked up to my Invidia N1 Race CBE that was cut at the muffler and welded a straightpipe. :lol: (Beats giving my arm and leg to Crawford) Do you have any videos of when it sounded like a F1 car? Idk what loud to you is, but I'm going to assume we are at the same level of stupid loud. :D

Z1107

It was loud enough that my roommate could hear me get on the interstate 4 miles away. I don't have any video of it, it was only that way for a week before I got letters from the neighbors and even approached by one who builds drag cars and told me it was too loud.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
It was loud enough that my roommate could hear me get on the interstate 4 miles away. I don't have any video of it, it was only that way for a week before I got letters from the neighbors and even approached by one who builds drag cars and told me it was too loud.

:rofl: My friends always tell me it's stupid loud, but I fail to realize that because I have never heard it from a 3rd person perspective. (I don't let anyone drive my car!)

I'm shocked that you got letters from your neighbors!!! Must be your area.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!

:rofl: My friends always tell me it's stupid loud, but I fail to realize that because I have never heard it from a 3rd person perspective. (I don't let anyone drive my car!)

I'm shocked that you got letters from your neighbors!!! Must be your area.

Z1107

I lived in a rural neighborhood full of loud trucks and pony cars, I set off their car alarms when I drove down the street to my house at night. I don't blame them and wasn't mad, I would expect my neighbors to respect my privacy and comfort as well.