New guy here

spyder8213

Good afternoon all! My name is Mike and I own a WRB pearl 2005 WRX. I am in the Army and have served for 10 years. Half way to retirement! I am currently stationed in Germany. Unfortunately my WRX is still in the states. My wifes 2010 Accord won between the two to be shipped over here. The room for the kids in the back seat was the determining factor. Would have loved to have my car for the Autobahn though! Already have a mod list made for when I get back to the states. The way I see it be keeping the car in the states I get 3 years of mod money to save up. Three tax returns, one year deployment money, and misc money will add up to a lot of fun in the garage! I hope to learn a lot about Subaru's while I am here on the forums and will share what knowledge I have built over the years and two prior car builds. Hope to make friends with you all!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
:welcome: to the team. Glad you could join us. :)

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Awesome to have you here! Enjoy the site and check out the members journals and feel free to start your own.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

spyder8213

STimedic: I feel you on Bragg. I've avoided that place like the plague. Branch offered me an assignment there a few years ago and chose the enemy instead. I was support to 5th SFG(A) and was looking for somewhere out of Campbell. I was offered Bragg or Carson. Took Carson and went to 10th SFG(A). Hated it there so much I gave up my jump status instead of having my knee fixed just to get out. Hindsight all we needed was a bigger house in Campbell. Oh well, love my new job here in Germany.

07STiChic: Where are you in Colorado? I just left the Springs. I have a close friend there building his 07 STi for Rett Syndrome. He has a page on facebook; Rett STI if you aren't following already.

spyder8213

I was with 66th back then! I worked in the Group S-3 at the time. This trip I'm in the V Corps G-2. The guy from the Springs name is Chris Luntz. KKTV (I think it was them) did a bit on him and his project about a month ago.

spyder8213

I know what you mean. It's a small community. I left 66th in April 04 and was set on getting back stateside at the time. I was in 10th SFG(A) at Carson so I was hardly out of our compound unless it was the PX or my sons daycare.

spyder8213

I almost got out in 09. The crappy economy kept me in. My current contract takes me to 14 years so what's 6 more. The bad side is I was offered a name your salary contract position at an awesome place, but it was in the Baltimore/Lincicum area of MD. Even at $120,000 a year it would be hard to make it. A year after I turned them down, they moved to Quantico, VA where I would have been living large. Oh well.

spyder8213

That's cool. Its a beautiful area and theres a lot to do. We're looking at settling out east. My family is from there and its so easy to travel the entire seaboard and see different settings. Not to mention my car ran like a champ once I got to a lower elevation. It was never tuned for Colorado.

spyder8213

CO's dry air was too much. My son had dry skin and it was so much worse there. My allergies were bad too. I miss running in the mountains and doing the incline the most. I grew up in OH so I like the ease of travel to other states.