New to igotasti waist deep in parts and project

Rettsti

New here, dedicated sti to my sister

Since I am posting this with my droid, I'll have to try my best to stay on track and not botch this up too bad. Well my name is Christopher, my wife's name is Megan, and our soon-to-be 4 year old daughter's name is Lilyanna. So now the reason I'm here; my 2007 satin white pearl STi. I bought it in 2008 from a dealership and found out it had been abused when I was replacing the block less than a month after owning it. Subaru acknowledged it was not my fault so they helped but I still payed out the nose. Well Skipping to the present we come to my current situation and the subject line of this thread: my project and its current status.
My project is dedicated to my sister has the mission of spreading Rett Syndrome awareness. So far my sponsors include Perrin, mishimoto, GrimmSpeed, Spec, Deatschwerks, lightwerkz, BC, Elevated tuning, ASF machine and CL photography.
So what is Rett Syndrome? Rett is a disorder in the nervous system that causes the child to stop developing and unfortunately reverse progress. My sister who is now 4 will never drive, eat by herself, use the bathroom herself or even speak words. As a 3 year old she struggled to walk, had seizures and could barely use her hands. All this considered,it's actually considered one of the lucky ones. My sister is now 4 and is starting to go blind. Most children with Rett that are her age are already in wheelchairs.

Last edited:

Rettsti

Another tragedy of the Rett monster it's that sometimes when the children sleep, their hearts and brains shut down for no reason. Imagine being the father of a child knowing that every night you go to sleep there is a chance your little girl will not wake up. . . This is why I have dedicated my STi to her. There is a chance of finding a cure, so here I am with my effort to raise money. I am very proud to say the story has already made local news and I have a pretty successful facebook page dedicated to the car. Soon I will post policies and hopefully have a build thread on here. The facebook page is www.facebook.com/rett.sti. Thanks for reading and you ae more than welcome to add me on fb. Thanks guys. More to come.

Z1107

Hello and welcome! Sorry to hear that about your sister. My step sister was mentally damaged as an infant and will never reach a maturity level beyond a 7 yr old, nowhere near what you are going through but I can empathize about her not being to experience alot of simple joys in life.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
:welcome: to the team. Most people don't know this cause I keep to myself about my personal life, but my sister was born with spina bifida. She has no feelings below the waist. She struggles everyday. I feel your pain and I know how you feel. I will pray for your family my friend. Good news is when we get to heaven everyone will be healed. God bless.

Rettsti

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I agree with you crztrbo, and I think everyone who believes in God knows the best is yet to come. None of our situations are easy and they all have unique challenges, but it's nice to know we have people to support us. I will have pictures up as soon as I get off work.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Awesome can't wait to see them.

Rettsti

So here are some pictures from the build and what's been happening. The last picture is of my sister, MJ.
headlights.jpg
SEP010.jpg

build013-1.jpg
build001-2.jpg
build002-2.jpg
Zoo_and_Dads_visit_159.jpg