Ummm.. I blew up my computer. Does anyone have a spare power supply I can buy cheap

First off... I'm totally sober as a bird right now... I recently moved last week and tonight I started hooking up my laptop to my external hard drives, monitor, sound card, and what not to help JJ design a new business card. All was going well and I was feeling great (mostly due to 8 beers in an hour after a 12 hour work day) when I felt a sharp jolt and heard a pop sound... Some how my laptop shorted its self... It wont turn on with the cord plugged in or a fully charged battery powering it.

It's given me a good 3 years of service which I guess is all I can ask of it... However I am needing a PC asap. While awesome and what I use 90% of the time my netbook isnt quite up to designing banner adds business, cards, and other graphics.

I'm needing to build a PC on the cheap. I have some of what I need but am missing a few key parts. Does anyone have a power supply or DVD RW drive laying around I can buy?
Again... I am sober as a bird right now and none of this is my fault.... :roll:

Thanks!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Go to newegg. You can find those parts dirt cheap.

I just threw out all my old computer crap.

Call me. I may sell you most of the car PC hardware. Pretty much everything you'll need minus a monitor and a case to build a computer is sitting in a box at my house. We'll work something out with pics, etc. I seriously have way too much sitting around... I've also been thinking about selling my desktop, but that thing is NOT going to be cheap.

I have a case and monitor! I'll hit you up when I get some time.

Do you have the specs handy? Like PS watts, mobo, ram, etc.

35r

how big of a power supply ? if you didnt get one yet.. i probably have 2 that u can just have... theyre older and have been sitting in the case unused for a while...