How dirty do you get at work ?

35r

So, i was wondering how many people get filthy for a living ? how many of us don't sit at a desk behind the safety of bottles of soap, and purell ? There are so many dirty jobs that are vital to day to day living ! lets see some pics of the people who get dirty so others can live a normal day to day life :)

I work in a Tire plant... hand building tires ... this is how i look under all my clothes at the end of the day, you can clearly see where my boot ends... those aren't tights im wearing... that's carbon dust soaking through 2 layers of pants !
37343_10150194771770640_6019006_n.jpg

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Seriously, your lungs will thank you for the mask. A Tyvek suit will also do wonders for your skin. :tard:

Don't work behind a desk nor in an office but I don't usually get filthy.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
In the Navy, I used to get absolutely filthy at times. Covered in paint, paint chips, fuel, dried sea spray, grease, etc...
Now that I'm out, I stay pretty clean most of the time.

As I write this, I'm monitoring a vehicle gauge cluster--via a shielded video camera inside an RF enclosure--for malfunctions while I inject a magnetic field onto it's harness with a current probe..........in a lab coat. lol

Seriously, your lungs will thank you for the mask. A Tyvek suit will also do wonders for your skin. :tard:

I cringe when I think about you breathing in all that shit every day. Get fitted for a small respirator and use some vented goggles over your
glasses. If they still fog, use the smallest possible drop of anti-fog gel. A small bottle will last for years. You can find it at any dive/snorkel shop. Ski places have it for their goggles sometimes. Places like Walmart or Cabela's even have it in their sporting goods sections. Sea Gold is one popular brand.

Also, chemicals DO get absorbed easily through your skin. Fair warning.

35r

The people upstairs tell us that its safe to breath in... Im sure thats what they told coal miners back in the day as well haha. I asked for a mask once, my foreman handed me one of those shitty paper/cotton ones... I laughed and handed it back. Its not supposed to be any worse than inhaling dust or something of a normal nature.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member

35r

When im in the paint booth or grinding tread i usually wrap a damp rag around my nose and mouth, does pretty much the same thing. Luckily i dont have to paint often... Its usually only when i either brake my machine or piss off a foreman.