Technology over time...

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I know majority of you are older than me and can remember these things a lot better than I can, but this shocked me, so I'm assuming you'll have a similar reaction! :lol:

923018_10151875355254966_96231548_n.jpg

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Some of that is even older.

I'm not the oldest here but I can show you things that many of you have never even used or maybe never seen but in pictures.
Lol. Kinda funny how my life has progressed from no digital anything to this as we know it.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Some of that is even older.

I'm not the oldest here but I can show you things that many of you have never even used or maybe never seen but in pictures.
Lol. Kinda funny how my life has progressed from no digital anything to this as we know it.

Then you must show!!!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
That's the biggest CD I have ever seen! :lol:

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
That's the biggest CD I have ever seen! :lol:

ThaT'S a laser disc. Something that came about in the late 80's early nineties. It was supposed to be revolutionary but never gained popularity... kind like betamax. You could say it was the precursor to DVD.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
3577_321366757992099_942366867_n.jpg

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I still have a functioning laser disc player with a few discs. They're mostly war movies (Patton, A Bridge Too Far, etc...) and nothing kills the ambiance like having to get up to flip the disc over or put in disc 2.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I can remember our company had one of the first calculators... they spent over $5000 for the thing and all it could do was basic math.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Yeah, but I bet back then it was insane for anyone to be using a calculator. Now while looking back in time, you laugh. :lol: