With age comes wisdom... or something like that

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
So, since I received my car back almost 4 years ago, I have learned sooooo much that I would have never thought I could learn about these cars; the STi that is.

For example, what kid (and yes kid, at 16-20 you're still a kid and some will say that you'll be a kid for much longer than that) would even know the basics that the wise and knowledgeable are keen on? The perfect example is a cold air intake on a stock car with NO tune. Things like these that you don't know when first starting out, especially at such a young age. Unless you were raised with cars, or are the 1% that REALLY want to get into it hardcore and actually do the research, you have no idea what you're getting yourself into!

With that being said, what are some of the things that you have learned along all the years that have passed that you wish you would have known when you had first purchased your car? It can be a very simple thing or even a very advanced one.

I believe for me so far, the tuning factor that comes with these vehicles, is probably the most important thing I have learned. It plays such a key and detrimental role in the vehicle's health.

(I ESPECIALLY want to hear from the more advanced guys!)