high milliage??

cordoroy

Hey guys, I recently bought a 2005 Subaru sti with 145XXX miles. mods include headers, 3 1/2 inch turbo back exhaust, koyo radiator, perrin intake, morosso intercooler tank, ACT street clutch & light weight matching flywheel, open access 91 octane tune on chassis dyno last HP numbers where 297/365. My question is this. The car has 145XXX miles its had allot of the high millage maintenance done(timing belt, spark plugs, etc). The car runs really well right now, im just wondering what I might expect? Ive been contemplatin ordering a short block or doing a complete engine overhaul before I end up pushing a rod through the block. Im very new to boxer engines and sti's in general this car is my daily driver im not looking to really add too much more power just looking to have it around for a while longer.. Any comments or input would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Sounds like quite the investment that was put into the car, do you know if that is still stock internals? It could be built already?

If anything, I'd have that second engine waiting on standby. So if something does happen your already ready for it! lols.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Typically if you buy a car with high mileage you will have some woes. However its different for every car. There are people with 200k miles on their sti and its in tip top shape. There are people with 40k miles on their sti and its in horrid condition. Depends if the work was done well and maintenance kept up.

Did you get a compression and leakdown test done? That will tell you how healthy the motor is and you can go from there.

cordoroy

Car has been taken very good care of. I would like to get a compression test done. All stock internals, stock turbo, stock injectors.