New member from NorCal/Reno?

ZebraScissors

Sup!!!

Well my name is Drake Robbins. I'm 24 years old and I live in Nor Cal mountains (Susanville, CA). I'm in the process of moving to Reno, Nevada so my lady can finish her nursing degree at UNR. I have a beautiful 3 year old daughter and another one on the way, May 18th!! I Currently work at an Army depot up here as an equipment operator and I finished my 6 year term in the army in July. But enough about me, let's talk about my love with Subarus......

Well ill I got back from my initial army training in December of 2010 and I used the money I saved there plus my bonus to snag my first Subaru, Scooby. He was in rough shape but I had major plans for it. I always loved the 02-03 JDM STi's and I wanted to make that happen. Here is where he started...

Well lots of dollars spent and hours of work got us here. The ride inbetween was crazy but I'll keep it short and sweet. Here ya go. Full swap. Including RA STi 5 speed. Great times.

well I ended up going to crazy with it and needed to get rid of him when my daughter was due. But I knew it wasn't the end of my Subi Journey. Just a pause. Well fast forward to 2014. The new STi came out and I was deeply in love..... I call her Yuki.... MAJOR future plans here. Parts on the way and parts in the garage. :)

ZebraScissors

Welcome from Nevada, sir. Yuki's a good looking car. Does Yuki stand for something? :)

Thank you! Actually I stumbled across it and it seemed to work. The name is both masculine and feminine in Japanese and I've always felt like the new car looked feminine and sexy but still has that masculine grumble and aggressive Feel. Plus the origins of the name and meaning comes from "snow" and "happiness". I felt like with the white color and our love of the snowy mountains it was just perfect.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We posted pics of that bugeye before [MENTION=5072]ZebraScissors[/MENTION], lol.

Welcome.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!!!

Nice rides, present and past!

What plans do you have for Yuki?!

ZebraScissors

Welcome to IGOTASTI!!!

Nice rides, present and past!

What plans do you have for Yuki?!

MAJOR FUTURE PLANS! I'll keep the exact details a surprise for later but I'm a sucker for quality parts. If you are gonna replace something save up and put the absolute best thing in possible. I need to get an AccessPort soon so I can install the intake, turbo inlet, and phenolic spacers sitting in my garage. Money it tight though, I just bought my first home and I'm moving in next weekend. But if I can scavenge some money up I can buy an AccessPort get the ball Rollin. After that I plan on getting my exhaust and then moving on to beef up the suspension. After the suspension is fully done I'm getting some coilovers and a set of work 19's. Then I can start adding the vroom vroom. I do have a soft spot for the JDM stuff to though so whenever I see something for a good price I grab it. I wish I had more money to put into her right now, the car payment is big enough!! The end goal here is to have an upgraded stock location turbo with EVERY supporting mod possible and hopefully get to around 450HP. I have a massive list of all the future parts and I'm slowly crossing parts off as money comes available.