July 24 AutoX @ MCAS Cherry Point, NC

bugeye_fever

I've been trying to deciede whether to post this here or in the NC area forum, but I may as well do both, as this should be an awesome AutoX event and I'd like to pull in as many cars as possible.

A little background on the site. The course is set up on one of the "short" runways here at Cherry Point. Short as in 5000' of the smoothest 1 year old asphalt you'll find anywhere. The last 2 events that were held here were reportedly past national's courses. FTD earlier this year was in the mid 74's IIRC. So its loooong!

This past weekend it was announced that the NCR region was bringing in a special course designer for the July event, so suffice to say, I'm personally reeeeallly excited for the upcoming event:tard:, and want to spread the word to as many as possible. I don't have any affiliation with the SCCA or the region, I'm just an enthusiast.

Event is open to anyone. Civilians need to preregister so they'll let you through the gate. An extra kick for us Active Duty guys who aren't SCCA members, we pay the member price for on base events~$25 if you preregister.

Here's the link for registration:
http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frmEventDetail.Show?psevent_id=12256
Online registration opens: JULY 1st

Do it. Do it.

R

RealDealTarheel

I just hope SM doesn't get hosed with the third run group so all the blue hairs driving stock miata's and mini's take off after their last heat.:x