GD George's cars (Retired)

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I should be moved into my new apartment by then. No furniture, but plenty of space for you to crash!

I'm easy

I can fall asleep on a rock. If not I have no problem getting a room for a few days.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Wing looks great George! Once you get a lip on the front the car will look balanced and perfect. :tup:

Thank you Jared! I have the whole body kit going on soon... I think I've slept with it for long enough

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Water pump went today... $400 to fix! :x

The messed up thing about all this is I can replace it myself for less than $30 but because it happened on the way home and my roadside assistance expired, I had to have the nearest shop work on it.

Effing crooks!

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Wow...that sucks man. Luckily when my oil line blew the other week my dad was able to come pick me up with the enclosed trailer. I don't believe I ever asked, but when does your motor work begin?

(not sure if you saw but thankfully I will be keeping the STi :) )

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Wow...that sucks man. Luckily when my oil line blew the other week my dad was able to come pick me up with the enclosed trailer. I don't believe I ever asked, but when does your motor work begin?

(not sure if you saw but thankfully I will be keeping the STi :) )

Ohhh that is good news! :tup: I'm glad it is staying with you.

I was discussing the build with my friend last night... I may just forget the interior for now and move on to engine... I told him I wanted an air to water intercooler setup, but not just for it's functionality but also for its stealthyness... He happens to be a cage fabricator so he welds very well. He insists that he make me custom IC piping and his plan is to replace the bumper beam and support with the AWIC and IC pipeing for a completely stealth look. He then plans on marketing it as a kit so he wants to use my car for the prototype. All I have to pay for is the hardawre... piping, awic, ect.

He already started work on it so I kinda have the obligation to move forward with the engine build.

Oh he also gave me a spare long block to start building.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Yup, On his recommendation I will...

P&P the heads
Three angle valve job
Ferea valves (stock size)
Kiggly springs and retainers
Manely pistons 9:1, 20 over
Manely TurboTuff rods
King XP Bearings
Kelford cams, 280in, 272ex, 12mm lift
Stock crank (micro polished and balanced)
GT3076R Turbo
OBX header and down pipe

That's all just to start. I'm researching oil pumps and coolers right now. I think I will duplicate the setup I gave you. Should be nice once it's complete but it is going to take me some time to get there. Money is tight at the moment.

Last edited:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I appreciate the advice!

The HTA is nice but it doesn't quite fit my criteria. One is price and the other is I need a V-band turbine housing. I'm only looking for 400 whp and the 3076 will do that with no problem and leave me room for more. In the end of it all does the HTA really spool that much better than an already great spooling turbo that has been proven in this particular application? I need to see numbers on a KA before I shell out $1700.

The guy giving me advice is making 700+ whp on a similar set up. The only difference is he is running a twin scroll 4082. That right there gives him poetic license for my build. Plus he is absorbing all the labor costs and he considers this a sponsorship. I am currently bound to his suggestions and thus far I have no issues with his direction. We are on the same page as it were. :tup:

I appreciate the advice!

The HTA is nice but it doesn't quite fit my criteria. One is price and the other is I need a V-band turbine housing. I'm only looking for 400 whp and the 3076 will do that with no problem and leave me room for more. In the end of it all does the HTA really spool that much better than an already great spooling turbo that has been proven in this particular application? I need to see numbers on a KA before I shell out $1700.

The guy giving me advice is making 700+ whp on a similar set up. The only difference is he is running a twin scroll 4082. That right there gives him poetic license for my build. Plus he is absorbing all the labor costs and he considers this a sponsorship. I am currently bound to his suggestions and thus far I have no issues with his direction. We are on the same page as it were. :tup:

I can't wait for us to make an even trade a few years from now... My Subaru with a blown engine for your built running 240. :D

Good deal! :lol:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
FAT CHANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

I found out there were only 3650 some odd 97 kouki's made in the US. Your gonna have to do better than that LOL.

Vermont

FAT CHANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

I found out there were only 3650 some odd 97 kouki's made in the US. Your gonna have to do better than that LOL.

Boy do I have a great deal for you. How about you trade me your clean turbo build kouki for my super awesome 1985 A60 ( which are super rare)... I will even throw in an ice scrapper in to sweeten the deal! ;)

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I'll only make you pay for the shipping of my car and not the delivery of yours. I'll also throw in a case of beer with at least 4 left and a bologna sandwich. :D

Make it shrimp salad and you have yourself a deal! I would like to at least get something that resembles dinner before getting screwed :lol:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Boy do I have a great deal for you. How about you trade me your clean turbo build kouki for my super awesome 1985 A60 ( which are super rare)... I will even throw in an ice scrapper in to sweeten the deal! ;)

:lol:

NO!