GD George's cars (Retired)

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I think I paid ten dollars for a sizable spray can. I bought it from partsexpress. But you can prolly find it cheaper somewhere else.

this stuff is made specifically for sound damping but it looks and feels an awful lot like bed liner.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I think I paid ten dollars for a sizable spray can. I bought it from partsexpress. But you can prolly find it cheaper somewhere else.

this stuff is made specifically for sound damping but it looks and feels an awful lot like bed liner.

That looks pretty cool. What was the brand name? I might google it more and see if i think its worth spraying down my trunk. I hate noise, but I also hate weight (dynamat).

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
That looks pretty cool. What was the brand name? I might google it more and see if i think its worth spraying down my trunk. I hate noise, but I also hate weight (dynamat).

I will get the name for you.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Talking about the grounding kit.

Butt posted over Tapatalk

Oh Okay... 50 for the cable. 70 for the tie down and 160 for the battery.

Last edited:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
No problem man :tup:... I got it all from Ebay... I also payed $9 for the copper cable ends... $12 for the adhesive lined heat shrink... $13 for the distribution block... $19 for the gold plated battery terminals... all free shipping. All in all it all came out to $333

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Hmm... Interesting stuff... I may have to look into a few more small things for my car... Wait, nope. Need to get her 100% right before changing anything. I still have a stack of parts to put on anyway.

I know the feeling... Right now I am all over the place with my car. Part of me want to do the engine and the other part wants to finish the interior and then another part wants to continue on with suspension. I still have a room full of shit to put in but no real motivation or time when I am in the mood.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I would think anything would do... Maybe two universal 12" fans?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Bought an AEM V2 today. Let the fun games begin.

Also bought front and rear lower control arms. I'm not sure when I will be able to install all the stuff I have to install but at least I have everything now. I wish I was younger... I'd have the energy to do all this.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Installed some more suspension goodies this weekend... Got my front tube control arms in and finally installed my big brakes. Holy Heim Joint batman. There is not a single bushing left in the car now, Except the subframe bushings which must go soon.

IMAG0179.jpg

IMAG0178.jpg

And next I'm going to install this work of human genius and start playing...
IMAG0180.jpg

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Very nice Holy! LOVE IT!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
If you don't already have it, Gino and I know someone who is AEM certified who has offered to lend us his manual on AEM tuning. Once Gino gets his hands on it, I'll be pouring over the manual and soaking it all in.

Very much appreciated... I'll take any guidance I can get :tup:

I think I'm already an expert :lol: You'd be surprised how much knowledge transfers from the OEM ecu stuff. All the same concepts but the terminology is different. I would even go so far as to say it is easier. Not as much fluff to confuse you... Just the basics but still everything you need all at the same time.

I've actually been tuning AEM for a while now with my buddies car and his V1. I have learned allot from that including SD. :tup: I've also been pouring through their forums. A ton of info there.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
George, I think my next daily will be a 240

Mine also. I say we open a small forum for just us. IGOTA240.COM. :)

That would be really cool for sure!

This just warms my soul! :tup:

I am also looking at STi's again. I want them both now.

I have some buyers tips depending on what you are looking for if and when the time comes. I will tell you this much... the time to buy is now because the market is beginning to explode. Especially for the S14 Kouki (97-98). They are rarer these days. The S14 Zenki can stiil be found relatively cheap and the S13's are a dime a dozen. I love the S13 convertible with the JDM front end. Done right they are very hot. Also try to find an SE or an LE. They have the five lug hubs and the viscous limited slip diff which is desired. It will be nearly impossible to find one with a factory manual transmission. Those are super rare. You will usually only find manual swaps... but it is rare to find one done exactly right. I was fortunate on all accounts which is why I was willing to fly all the way to Texas and drive her home from there.

The thing I like most about these cars is they are receptive towards a wide variety of after market mods. The funny thing is most of them are not even intended for this vehicle but bolt right in. Like for instance STi Brembo brakes. All you need are brake lines and spacers. Want a V8? drop in an LS motor. Those things look more at home inside a 240 chassis than the original KA or and SR20 or the RB. And it is OBDII to boot. I could go on all day with this.

My two favorite platforms of all time will always be the STi and the 240. Now that I have owned them both I have fulfilled my dreams. Just one more dream to fulfill now and that is an R33 skyline.

Last edited:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I added more to my thoughts above...

I was thinking of buying a shell or maybe one with a blown motor... Oh wiat... I had one of those... Damit!