04RearwheelSTi Twinscroll 2.6L fully built by me

04JDMSTI

Well heres my build, im really tired so I dont feel like posting a mass amount of pictures. Here are a few videos from today after my street tune. I built the motor my self along with the whole car.

EJ2.6
D25 heads
CP pistons
Manley Rods
ACL Bearings
Forged crank
Kelford 272s
Manley Titanium ret. and springs
11mm Oil pump

Borgwarner 8375 .91AR twinscroll
Custom manifold by me
Custom Downpipe
tial 44mm EWG
Aeromotive Rails
Aeromotive FPR
DW301 pump
ID1000s injectors

Plenty of more work but for now ill leave it as that.

Also did the RWD on my own too. I have a How Too thread on here.

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkUhrYvfIh8&list=HL1343530023&feature=mh_lolz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaJCsErw0mM&feature=BFa&list=HL1343530023

This car is my pride and joy. I have worked extremely hard for this car and building it ground up. Even the manifold i have 30 hours invested into it.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Awesome build.

How did it do on the dyno?

04JDMSTI

thanks man! and right now its a street tune till my final tune. Just finishing up any loose ends and making sure everything is in correct working order before the big tune !

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
What the heck happened?

burning.rwd.sti

On Vacation
He didn't listen to anybody's caution about his build, just went on his merry way and did what he wanted.

Obviously he rushed the motor build. When it went to the dyno, gas started pouring out of the injectors and got everywhere. After that, there was an issue with an oil line which spilled oil out everywhere, including the heatwrap on his home-made headers. He insisted its fine even though others told him its no good. He decided to still daily drive it while the oil kept charing up more and more till booommmmm. After it started smoking, he pulled over and popped the hood, saw smoke and a baby fire, and then tried to turn it around and drive home.

CNs:
Rushed bad build
Brought it to tuner incomplete and spraying oil everywhere
Was told by tuner that it was totally unsafe to drive due to leaking fuel rails
4 days later, car is a fireball
He blames tuner

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Really? I'm sure there is two sides to this story. Doesn't make sense. Who was the tuner?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
<random>
Anyone else notice the RWD font style ont he intercooler changed from the before pics to the fire pic?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
<random>
Anyone else notice the RWD font style ont he intercooler changed from the before pics to the fire pic?

I agree. Something is up here.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Something just don't add up with this whole story. I wish I could talk to him.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
His video uploads show he now has a new one and apparently has done the same/similar mods.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
There were two accounts created today for that purpose.

....Maxwell's silver hammer came down upon his head... Clang clang Maxwell's silver hammer made sure that he was dead....
-Beatles "Maxwell's Silver Hammer" Abbey Road, 1969.

Miller

The story is legit.

He had the blue STI, it caught fire.

He purchased another STI and swapped salvageable parts.

From an outsider looking in, it seems "phucked up". For those that know his ways, he has pissed off a lot of people in this industry and subaru community.

I believe Numerous people offered advice, he went his way and the community saw the result. Shops and tuners appear to shy from his build (my opinion) in fear he will tarnish their reputation should the car catch fire again... He likes to point the finger.

I have zero issue w/ Kyle, seems like an average kid. I also have zero respect for him.

My intentions are not to hurt his feelings w/ this post but those that are blind to what really has occurred should be brought up to speed. 3 sides to every story; ours, his and the truth.

Actions speak louder than words.