08 STi floor well/door light troubleshooting

RSHNRKT

So, I was working on adding some lighting to my front doors. I bought some nice LED's that connect to the door cards, and I was wiring them into the red floor well lights that actuate like the dome light does. Originally, everything worked, and I had it all running. But when I went to reconnect everything with better connectors and hide some wiring, I believe I touched the positive to the negative when moving around down there...

So my current problem is, the red floor well LED's don't turn on, both sides. The driver side was the one that I was working on at the time... and the passenger side was already done and tucked, working. The dome light works, and dims as normal when you close the doors... but no love on the red floor well lights. So I pulled off the dash under the steering column, and looked at ALL the fuses in the "tan" colored fuse panel, as well as the "black" panel next to it that houses three fuses and three relays... Funny thing they don't mention a dome light fuse on there, but I found it the hard way. The fuse isn't broken and obviously works. The thing that gets me is the lights in the whole car work, everyone... cubby, STi, dash, everything...

My dilemma lies solely in the red LED's. If they would work, so would my door lights... I read alot on Google, and most of the WRX and other model car forums with nothing referring to Troubleshooting the floor well lights going out on you, just installing them... Dealer guys says the dome light is connected to the floor well lights... maybe through the relay... IDK. Anyway, I'm at a stopping point with no where else to look... Anyone have any ideas on what I might have fried? Circuit board perhaps? BIU???

Greatly appreciate any assistance anyone can provide... thanks again for your time.

~M~

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Trace it back with a multimeter?

RSHNRKT

I have power... It's the ground. I believe it's the BIU... we will find out when I pull it, and see what's wrong with it.

~M~