1/4 - 1/2 inch more?

awdsnowfun

I am on RCE Yellows and I am trying to figure out a way to get 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch lower in the front. I don't really want to spend a crap ton of money for rce lowering camber plates. Is there anything I can do?

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Hmmm... First off, why do you desire an additional 1/4-1/2" drop? For looks, i.e. reducing wheel well gap?

If that's the reason, there may be better ways to acheive that goal.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
A camber plate would have been my suggestion. You don't have allot of options. I'm not sure if there is an option for a lowering spring perch for our cars.

I dunno. :)

awdsnowfun

Hmmm... First off, why do you desire an additional 1/4-1/2" drop? For looks, i.e. reducing wheel well gap?

If that's the reason, there may be better ways to acheive that goal.

yes just trying to take away my wheel gap......I plan on getting coilovers eventually but it will be awhile down the road yet lol

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I imagine you thought about it already, but you could always put on tires with a taller sidewall (or larger wheels). Idk what tires you are running now, but that's an option.

awdsnowfun

right now im running 245/40/18's, the rear is good its just my front...guess i'll just have to deal with it lol

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
How new are your RCE Yellows? They will sink a little bit over time. Not much, a few milimeters I'd guess. With Yellows, your front end is already 5mm lower than the back. I have Yellows and I used to run an 18" wheel with 40 series sidewalls. It was pretty damn flush... I think you might run into rubbing issues in the wheel wells if you drop it anymore in the front.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Depending in your current camber plates/top hats, you may be able to remove them and add some shims to the studs before reinstalling them. If they are like the RCE plates I have, that should lower the frint end more. This will also reduce the amount of suspension travel before you hit the bump stops. Many suspension setups for the STi sit practically on the bump stops anyways. Idk if I'd do it, but then again I prefer function over form.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
If it's that important to you...you might consider adding aftermarket fender flares. That might give you the same look while retaining proper suspension geometry.
Lastly, if you go any lower, I'd recommend a Whiteline roll center adjust kit.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Cool cool...no problem buddy.
I know that might be a lot to digest. I hope it helps.