'14 Plama Blue sedan, Maleficent

quality_sound

I picked up my PBP sedan almost a month ago and figured it's about time I started a journal. I'm in flight school so updates will be SLOOOOOOOWWWWW until around mid-year.
So far all I've done is debage everything except the STi badge and get a rock chip so bit it'll require repainting the passenger side fender. That will be done next week. After that, clear bra on the entire hood and both fenders, a-pillars, bumper and the leading edge of the roof. Later I'll do the rocker panels and trunk opening ledge. Rally Armor mud flaps will get ordered next week and hopefully I can do a real detail on her soon. For now she just has a coat of Meguiar's #21 sealant.
If the wind is cooperating I'll get her washed up and get some pics tomorrow.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Cant wait for pics!!! :tup:

Pictures! :tard:

quality_sound

She's in the shop getting her right fender resprayed until Thursday afternoon. No pics from this weekend. :( Bad wind storm the. It was 20 degrees on Sunday.

She's in the shop getting her right fender resprayed until Thursday afternoon. No pics from this weekend. :( Bad wind storm the. It was 20 degrees on Sunday.

ouch! i can wait ;) love the plasma blue. where you located? it was 0*F here today @ 9am in Buffalo, NY wind chill values as close to -25*F

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!

-15 last night over here. Froze my ass off this morn!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
ouch! i can wait ;) love the plasma blue. where you located? it was 0*F here today @ 9am in Buffalo, NY wind chill values as close to -25*F

So were both enjoying this sheer cold huh? :lol:

I'm stationed in Clovis, NM but I'm in training in Alamogordo for a few more months.

Damn!! And people wonder why I have no desire to live in the north or on the east coast.

oh nice! yeah this bitter cold arctic air is getting ridiculous!

So were both enjoying this sheer cold huh? :lol:
\

ohh ya lemme tell ya :roll: glad im not driving my car in this. too cold.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Not only cold as fuck, the salt in this extreme cold... Plus the cars barely start... Boy i cant emphasize enough how glad i am that i got a beater and put the sti into hibernation. The salt was out if controll the frigid cold is brutal. I wouldve cried :(

Not only cold as fuck, the salt in this extreme cold... Plus the cars barely start... Boy i cant emphasize enough how glad i am that i got a beater and put the sti into hibernation. The salt was out if controll the frigid cold is brutal. I wouldve cried :(

ohh yeah, NY stated they have been using their surplus of salt this year, and their now running out....dumb politicians. Now they need to buy more. And sometimes its even too cold to use salt. it will freeze up after it melts and breaks down..my car is covered in salt. Wash tomorrow, pay day. platinum membership in the works too tomorrow.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
It also breaks down our cars :(

Platinum only way to do it!! :tup:

WesternSTi

The Music Man
It also breaks down our cars :(

Platinum only way to do it!! :tup:

Yeah we've had a lot of snow and ice up here, so the roads have been been covered in salt for probably the past month or so. I hate that this harsh a winter is my STI's first. Still waiting on the pictures.....:D. It doesn't have to be spotless...We just want to see it!
You lucky man, you. I wish I had another WRX, Forester, or Outback at my disposal so I could put Sammie in hibernation. This salt has been brutal, and I haven't gotten a chance to wash it off because of teaching. I was going to do it today, but alas....More snow!(I hate snow now.)

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Its been a really grave and brutal winter for all of us for sure! Cali guys are laughing at us. :(

quality_sound

So the car wasn't ready. The weather wasn't cooperating and I didn't want to take it before it was ready. Oddly, the 2014 paint code said it was a FAC pack so they had to mix it based on the 2010 code. Plasma Blue is Plasma Blue is Plasma Blue so I can't imagine why it would say it's factory only but as long as it looks good, I don't care.

quality_sound

Ordered a few small things. Dashmat, Subtle Solutions license plate delete, and parts to convert my regular keys to JDM flip keys. I'm going to order my RA mud flaps in the next week or so. Just need to decide on a color scheme. Then some JPM Alcantara interior bits. Probably shift and parking brake boots to start.

quality_sound

Got the car back today and it looks great. The pearl doesn't match 100%, but I didn't think it would. I'm debating about taking it back.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Got the car back today and it looks great. The pearl doesn't match 100%, but I didn't think it would. I'm debating about taking it back.

That sucks but your right. I have always heard from painters that pearl is one of the most, if not most, difficult paints to match.

I ha d a friend that had a 2000 GMC truck with a funky factory blue paint that kind of shifted colors in different lights. He was constantly modding the truck, adding roll pans, painting bumper covers, etc. By the time he sold it he had painted various parts about a half dozen times. Under natural light, it looked ok. Park it under fluorescents, like under a gas station gas pump awning, and WOW, holy patchwork quilt. lol.