1st I.G.O.T.A. Meet

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Right by lakewood but closer to cleveland. Not as bad as east cleveland but i would stay strapped just to be on the safe side. :lol:

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Hallett raceway. Jennings, OK.

Seems to be midway between east and west. And my backyard

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Ouch. 1k miles one way.

If its not plausible for one single location for all, then i second the 3 region split up idea.

ZachTTLM

No worries Alin I am always packing...these days ya can't leave home without it, too many crazies out there!...Yea there is no way I can make the trip to OK.

Alter3go

I think you should get everyone who would respond or go and get their locations then decide from there and meet in the middle to where you'd get max participation

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Obviously the PA, OH, and eastern/northeast will be the biggest turnout.
The central area, won't be much very few of us with the largest rep coming from Texas. Vendors in the central won't be much if anything until Dallas. There you have AWDtuning and Cobb.
Defined is in Springfield, MO so that could be an option but would put Texas kinda far out. 7 hours drive from DFW and Texas being the biggest igota showing so turnout may be weak for the igota guys.
Buuuut still a few of us igota guys at a meet could rep and turn some subie lovers over to us.
Oklahoma has a nice track at Hallett but other than that, no vendors and a not so strong subaru community. I'd rent the track for us but monetarily I don't think the turnout would be enough to even recoup the rental if around 3k.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We need to figure this out if we want to do meets.

Keep the ideas coming.

35r

Western Pa. Some sort of state park . Brady's Run in Beaver County or, Moraine State Park in Butler County.... Or hell i don't care how old you are or how much of a badass you claim to be, KennyWood would make an awesome meeting place ! Grills to cook on, food vendors, pavilions, and then you have roller coasters and games!

ZachTTLM

We can also rent pitt race park out for a day :) I can talk with the a few different organizations that put on events to see about teaming up to have drag races and auto x events going on if people want to participate, if they dont there is plenty of area to just meet, greet, and watch. If it is a Saturday or Sunday or what ever we can make it a couple day event for the people traveling and they can meet up at the shop for the day before and get to know some people mingle and plan for how the next day is going to go :).... The Kennywood idea is pretty cool too lol who doesnt like coasters and theme parks

35r

I thought about that too. Even PIR would be an idea. The grounds are nicer than PRP. PRP is cool and all.... But its a little ghetto. Downside is PIR is strictly a road-course and they don't have a drag strip. But they have a TON of space (and i do believe there is a firing range).Their GoKart rentals are rather pricy though.it would depend on what peoples cars are set up for. You would almost need a vote before hand on which track would be more beneficial for the meet.

ZachTTLM

I agree the PRP grounds are ghetto like but I was considering the versatility of different style cars set up for different things as well as the go-karts and still space for the people that just want to meet and socialize not run their cars. Plus I think we would be able to get a better cost on the PRP, I could be wrong though.

35r

PRP would definitely be cheaper. Lol. I prefer it, its extremely close and the ground smells like VHT !