2 STi's, 1 guy!

HisAndHerSTi

Hello, name is Ramon, found the forum on Geoff's FB page (Cygnus Performance). Good to find a new Subaru site to browse. Well, Im not a stranger to Subarus, have owned 5 since Nov'06. Im in the AirForce, stationed at McConnell AFB in Kansas but currently deployed to Middle East doing outside the wire patrolling. Been in for 7 years come Feb 1st...any other military members on here?

On to the rides...First is my 08 STi, purchased new after a trip to Iraq in 08. Gotta say I love the hatch. Sold my gold bbs wheels since Im going 18x9.5 this summer when I get back home.

Next is 04 STi...belongs to wife:twisted: Not much to this one yet...doing DBA rotors, HPS pads, lines thru Geoff next month. Also TOKICO Dspec struts with RCE Blacks. Has the dreaded rear strut clunk. Has 82k miles on it so just gonna replace all 4 corners. Gotta love the wife...she loves her Subarus, she helps with the funding for mods.

Gotta say we are a true subie family..kids loved 100 Acre Wood last year. 9 year old Daugther is obsessed with Travis Pastrana/DC shoes..wears all the SRT gear. She said I better keep the 08 forever so it can be her 1st car :rofl: We also have a chihuahua that she wanted to name Subie so we did.

Last edited:

HisAndHerSTi

2008 STi Mods/Add-ons:
20% Tint All-Around
RallyArmor Basic Mudflaps
Black painted "STi" fender logos
Black painted front grille/foglight surrounding
Debadge Rear hatch except "STi" logo
Invidia V3 catless downpipe
Invidia N1 catback
COBB Tuning Accessport
COBB Tuning Heatshield

Wheels:
stock 05 STi BBS wheels painted white (winter)
SUMMER SET COMING SOON!

Purchasing coilovers next.

2004 STi Mods/Add-ons:
SRS catback exhaust

Purchasing suspension and brake setup in Feb, going wingless too

Last edited:

HisAndHerSTi

bz3.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

022.jpg

RLK_020_2010.jpg

RLK_019_2010.jpg

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
:welcome: to the team! Enjoy your stay and be sure to check out the premium memberships for monthly giveaways and check out the "AWESOME FORUM". Welcome!

HisAndHerSTi

Thanks guys!

I bought hers back in June from a Army officer, who was first owner...car never saw one mod other than some DASH Z headlights but I replaced those with the stock ones which he also provided. Car had 80k miles on it, all maintainence was up to date. Only issue was he was gone for a year to Korea and during that time, his wife was trying to drive it occasionally for him while gone. Well she didnt know how to drive manual....CLUTCH was slipping. He wanted 16k for it, his subaru dealer told him about 2k in parts/labor for work. So he droppped to 14k..then I got him down to 13k. I bought a new excedy stage 1 clutch and oem flywheel for about 600 and put in with some friends...so 13.6k in the end...so far GREAT CAR!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Nice cars you got there! Welcome and enjoy the site.

Check out the members Garage and feel free to start your own journal! :tup:

Paul.c

welcome. You really don't want to associate with some of the military guys we have on here, they're a scary bunch I tell ya.

HisAndHerSTi

As far as wingless...wife prefers it cuz she says wing disturbs her vision when she looks back, but we may also just go with STi Limited lip spoiler.

I got R205 side fender badges coming from Japan. My brother is stationed over there and got them for me...black with red lettering