2006 STi Aka Darth Vader

liltripg17

Hey everyone, pretty new here but figured i would start a journal. A little about me, i am from Canton, OH have been all my life. I am an Army veteran and combat veteran. And now i am co-owner/ technician at Advanced Vehicle Diagnostics in Canton. I have always been an STi fan, has been my favorite car as long as i can remember. I was in the DSM community for a long time, ive had 3 TSI AWD cars and then a 300ZXTT. But i finally got to a point in my life i could purchase a real car. I searched for a long time and came to the decision that i wanted an 06. Finding one that hasnt been molested or super high miles proved to be a challenge. 2 days before i deployed to Afghanistan i found Betty :). A one owner, all stock black micha pearl 06 with 49000 miles...perfect. I bought her the day before i deployed. Ive now been home for six months. And im in love with her. lol.

Mod List: All that i have done so far is Tein Street Basis coilovers (Not a good choice).....i wish there were mor done for this journal but i figure hey, now everyone can see every step of the build.

Plans: Nothing too crazy, i am ditching the Teins and going with Fortune Auto. Whiteline sways and links. As far as go fast mods, the basics. EL header, full exhaust, intake and fmic. Cobb 3 port and access port. Up the boost a bit and tune.
- I am very meticulous and i am pretty good at what i do. I will do write ups and reviews on every part and mod that i do. Its hard to find reviews on specific parts...so if i can help with that im gonna

Here are some photos i took today...i wish i had more but ALL of my photos were on my phone, and it broke. (sad face)

Attachments

• IMG_20130507_082628.jpg
    IMG_20130507_082628.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20130507_082601.jpg
    IMG_20130507_082601.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 71

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
My suggestion is to ditch the headers and CAI. These are not necessary on mild and moderate power upgrades.
If you must mess with the exhaust manifolds, do a port on the factory units.
The factory intake is sufficient for your goals. Do a silencer delete if you want some noise.
Instead of doing the intake/headers, use the money for a fuel pump, injectors and protune. Try to get a dual map, one with ethanol and the other pump gas. Ethanol makes a stage 2 STi scream with a measure of safety.
Nevertheless, injectors and pump are going to be way more beneficial at this stage in the game.

liltripg17

Im going to go with a pro tune....and these mods are short term goals. My goal is eventually full build, 2.7L stroker..GT30R....these are just mods i know i can reliably run with a pro tune before i go crazy. As far is a CAI.....im probably just going to go with Cobb....quick, easy...and yes, the intake isnt that much of a difference and not as important on these cars. I dont want to run E85...there is NOWHERE around here to buy it. lol

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
No e85 in canton?? We have 3 pumps in the vicinity of cleveland. Not a lot but gets the job done for the guys who do run it.

liltripg17

Nope...none...the closest place to me is like 45 minutes away. So its not worth it for me. But its cool, il just stick with a 93 tune. And im only going to 18psi until i decide to go full build. So factory fuel system and 93 octane will be sufficient. Its my daily driver and i have young children...so nothing too crazy.....yet

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I see where your goin now.

I'll echo the no corn in canton?? Doesn't seem right. Course we don't have 93 here.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Yep. 93 went away some years ago and I have never been able to find out why. It seems statewide. Only 91 is available and IMO it acts like ACN fuel, basically piss water. Even the E85 here is only 70% ethanol... year 'round.

liltripg17

That really...REALLY sucks!! Well guys.. i believe i am going to plasti dip the OZs white! Should look good...hopefully hold out long enough to buy the wheels and tires i want.

Tonytouch

Plasti dip is great. I'm trying to decide what color to paint my stock wheels. I've been plasti dipping things like crazy!
White wheels will look great.

liltripg17

I seen a few black with white wheels online and i loved it. So im placing my order tonight. I will post pics when its done.

liltripg17

Me

-A little more to add to the journal about me. I am a co-owner and technician at Advanced Vehicle Diagnostics in Canton. We specialize in diagnostic work and electrical repair. Never had a problem i cant figure out. Dealerships and other repair facilities send us vehicles once they give up. lol. I also specialize in high performance work. I did the auto thing through high school the went to Ohio Tech in Cleveland through there auto and high performance class. Below are some shop pics and a pic of my other baby! lol...2004 Yamaha R1

Attachments

• IMG_20130510_140135.jpg
    IMG_20130510_140135.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20130510_140151.jpg
    IMG_20130510_140151.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20130510_140228.jpg
    IMG_20130510_140228.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 63

liltripg17

So if anyone in the canton area needs some work done....i offer discounts to IWSTI, IGOTASTI, And NEOSOC members, i do anything from maintenance to full builds. All tuning work is done through Smokeys Dyno in Akron....they are very good at what they do.

liltripg17

Just figured i would add a bit more. Got a few goodies today. Got plasti dip for the first time, so the wheels are going whit! Pics hopefully soon on that. And my new tool box.... irrelevant to my car...but check the sticker;)

Attachments

• IMG_20130516_180125.jpg
    IMG_20130516_180125.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 51

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Nice box. :)

Sticker looks good also. :tup:

liltripg17

Thanks guys...i got it yesterday...i couldnt fit my stuff in my old box...so the money was well spent...and i thought the sticker was a nice touch! lol

liltripg17

So i started the plasti dip process for the wheels today. Got two of them done...you will notice i still need to pick at the edges like a crack head...but not too shabby for my first time. 8 coats of the white...1 of the pearl. Hopefully il finish the other two tomorrow...then more pics to fallow.

Attachments

• IMG_20130519_145034.jpg
    IMG_20130519_145034.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20130519_163840.jpg
    IMG_20130519_163840.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20130519_174954.jpg
    IMG_20130519_174954.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 56