2011 STI Updated MOD List! Yes I included the type of Gaskets! I like Detail!

LudaDaIntruda

? Kartboy 6-Speed Short Shifter Lever and Bushings
? Kartboy Knuckle Ball Shift Knob 6-Speed (Black(
? HKS Turbo Timer w/ Harness
? Cosworth Short Ram Intake
? Tanabe Turboback Exhaust
? GrimmSpeed Turbo Heat Shield
? GrimmSpeed Turbo To Downpipe Gasket
? GrimmSpeed HiFlow ExhaustManifold Crosspipe Ceramic Coated
? GrimmSpeed Header Collectors to Crossover Gasket
? GrimmSpeed Ceramic Coated Uppipe
? GrimmSpeed Lower Uppipe Gasket
? Grimmspeed Uppipe toTurbo Gasket
? HKS BOV
? GrillCraft Hood Scoop Grill
? RallyArmor Mudflaps
? HALO Oil and Boost Gauge
? SMY Cluster Maker Dual Gauge Pod 52MM
? COBB AccessPort
? Sparco Harness Bar ?Grey?
? 2 Sparco Tuner 4-Point Bolt-In Harness w/ Camlock Release
? 2 Sets of Sparco Tuner Harness Pads ?Alcantara Red?
? COBB Light Weight Crank Shaft Pulley

Pictures should come sometime after June 1st 2012! Peace!

Last edited:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Looks like a good mod list.

A few comments/questions:

1) Why the turbo timer?
2) Harness bars and harnesses on street cars can be quite dangerous/deadly. Link. A while back there was a PSA going around about this, but the pics have all been removed. Here is the original: link.

LudaDaIntruda

The Turbo Timer is just something to make me feel better after I run the old STI hard and turn the car off... yeah I know my turbo is oil/water cooled.. but still I just like the concept. Better to be safe then sorry! The Sparco Harness Bar and Sparco Harnesses are something that I have heard no bad reviews on what so ever.. the engineering in the equipment has all been tested and met to meet the highest in safety guidlines.. I have no concern over this!

Z1107

Sparco harness are great quality, but it's not the quality in question. When you get tboned on the drivers side it bends the bar causing your harness to pull backwards which can crush your torso killing you in a wreck you might otherwise would have walked away from.

Edit
That's why alot of people mount the harness on the floor at the base of the seat.

Last edited:

Z1107

At the end of the day it only matters what you want for car, hell, we didn't buy these cars because of safety, but IMO if I were to put a bar in my car I'd sacrifice the backseats for a 4 point roll cage with built in bar, much safer... IMO.

LudaDaIntruda

Good point... we definitely didn't buy these cars for safety! A 4 point roll cage.. is something that I have been considering for a while now! Thanks again!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I'm sure you remember my opinion. You're going to be limited by the stock EBCS and injectors. Much more important than a cosworth intake IMO.

^ +1...

You might want to try just a fuel pump first and then check your IDCs to see if you need injectors also. Most of the time, in a stage 2 car, the fuel pump is all that is needed to get IDCs back to a comfortable spot. In any case if you do injectors now you are going to need a fuel pump anyway so might as well do the cheapest and easiest thing first IMO.

Also to expand on the intake thoughts, if you must have the intake now (or even later) the Cobb SF intake and Cold Air box is a much better choice over the cosworth. It flows more consistently than any other intake because of it's built in flow conditioner and it can be used directly with the Cobb AP OTS maps with out tuning. The cold air box is so much better than the cosworth heat shield and it is a true cold air solution because 100% of the air is drawn in from outside the engine bay and for the price of the cosworth intake you can get the Cobb intake and air box for close to the same price.

LudaDaIntruda

Should I upgrade my stock spark plugs as well? On the fuel pump and injectors.. I was told the only reason it is necessary to upgrade your fuel pump and injectors is if you are upgrading to a larger turbo which I am not.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I've got a set lying around, but its a low priority for me, so i havent found the time to put them on in the 6+ months I've had them. Many people say to switch to a one-step-colder, but i would put other things much higher on my to-do list.

LudaDaIntruda

sti2.jpgsti3.jpgsti8.jpgOk, here she is all finished, the Tanabe Turboback didn't work, turns out it was for the Hatchback, the version for the sedan never happened technical issues, anyways, so I went with the Invidia Racing True 3" Turbo Back! Enjoy!

STimedic

Your car may just hate the BOV. Your ringlands might also hate you until they grenade due to the air the engine will be expecting and not get because the BOV vented it out of the engine and the fuel that will be delivered for the expected air that isn't there. Not to flame you, but the factory BPV is good for quite a bit more than you think and BOV's, while they may sound great, usually do more bad than good.
<------ This guy was running 20.5# on the stock VF39 and BPV and it held up just fine.

Also, when it comes to shift knobs, the best one ever is the World-Class Lathe Werkz co-polymer weighted knob, I have it and I love it. Stays about the same cool temperature no matter the weather. If you're looking for better response and felt power, honestly, replace or re-inforce all the rear sub frame bushings, get a set of Grp. N motor and tranny mounts and get a decent tune. I just hope you plan on getting it tuned with the mods you have done now before you make an even more costly mistake (motor replacements aren't cheap my friend).

My .02. Please feel free to take it or leave it, not trying to be a dick.

LudaDaIntruda

I'm not too concerned about the BOV, due to the fact that it's not setup for atmospheric venting, but rather recirculating, STI's have always responded better to recirculating BOV's, and yes I am planning on getting a tune as soon as I get home! Thanks for the insight!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We have our own shift knob from Lathe Werks. It rocks!

LudaDaIntruda

2011 STI

sti1.jpg
Here is a updated picture of her all finished, respect to my wife for the bad ass picture!

Last edited: