2015 vs 2014 STI

metriix

I owned a 2014 STI and now I own a 2015 STI... Obviously the 2015 handles much better but one thing I have noticed also is that the 2015 STI also feels a lot faster then the 2014 STI.. Did subaru change the mapping's? They have the same engines... Well I hope they took care of the ring failure problems with the 2015..
u7u4y2a7.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
In which way does the car feel faster?

There is a list of changes that were done to the 2015. Gonna have to look on google for the complete list. How does the car feel quality wise compared to the 14 on the interior?

ZackUSAF82

First off, congrats on the purchase! I haven't driven a '15 yet but I did get to ride in one, it certainly handles better for sure...handles like it should instead of forcing the owner to spend a couple grand to make the car handle like it should from the factory.

As far as the power, you're one of the first I've heard say it feels faster, most people I've talked to said it feels sluggish and he powerband feels really jerky. Of course every car is different and everyone has a different opinion on how they like the powerband to be delivered so that needs to be taken into account as well.

Lastly, I wouldn't hold your breath on the ringland issues being fixed, it's still the same powerplant and the dynos I've seen on the stock tune don't look very good to say the least. If it were me I'd still be slapping a custom tune on it as soon as I could afford it!

But good stuff dude, glad you're happy!

metriix

Interior is way better then the 2014 does not look cheap at all.. As for the power it feels more responsive no lag like the 2014.. But then again my 2014 might of been a lemon because the engine bearing burned up with only 5400 miles. I also found an article about the turbo housing being a little bigger then the 2014 but he wanted to take the turbo apart to have rock solid proof.. I will try to find the article and post it.