3D Printing Company start up

Evan Cosma

This is partially Subaru related because I want to do this for Subaru enthusiasts. I am looking at starting a 3D Printing company. Before i buy the printer and get started i wanted to see what the general public wants. I want to be able to cater to my vehicle enthusiast friends and people modifying their vehicles. The printer I'm getting can only print in a footprint that is about 11" x 10" x 6" so all products have to stay within that. Literally anything is possible. I can print in multiple plastics, rubber, wood, and stone. So far my ideas have consisted of custom emblems, shift knobs, phone cases, and other such products. I really just want to find out what people would be interested in and what a fair price would be for these products.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Brake ducts. Turbo Inlet? Centercaps. valvestem covers. gauge pods! (i really want the discontinued corner gauge pod)

Evan Cosma

Some of this is possible although heat has to be taken into account because high heat applications won't work. What would you pay for these items?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
i know what you're saying about brake ducts, but theres a successful application out there. RooDucts (i already have those) and they dont come in contact with the hot parts. You can look them up for pricing.

As for gauge pods, you can get a good idea of what people charge by looking at vendor sites.

Evan Cosma

It doesn't have to stop at car parts but can be anything like even car coasters for the ultimate garage/bar. I can put custom logos or initials on stuff. It doesn't necessarily have to go into vehicles.