A/F Correction

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Sounds right to me :tup:

I was actually kind of hoping it was not good, at least I'd have an answer lol.

Would there be any reason to tune rich in this specific spot of the rpm range? Could it be compensation for the 3k rpm stumble? Maybe load comp tables or any reason that someone would tune funky in this area?

I know at cruising on the freeway at around 3k rpm I'm at about 10 in hg. Feather the throttle ever so slightly and I'm at 0 or a few psi boost. She comes to boost with very little effort.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Does it make sense to check the pressure on 3k rpm ish?

I did while it was parked and it was 33 psi. I wish I could have done it while driving but I couldn't with how I rigged the gauge.
Curiously, I had zero pressure at key on while pump was priming or shortly after. I would think you'd have pressure while the pump was priming or thereafter?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I installed my FPR today my LTFT went all to negative. During pump priming the pressure will go to 43 psi and then back to zero after.

Check the FPR pics: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6zn_kRV08vAY3hnMjMzNF83ZUE/edit?usp=docslist_api
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6zn_kRV08vAb05FNDBnUDBFWVU/edit?usp=docslist_api

Sweet baby Jesus that is pretty.

Will you be doing tuning for the new FPR setup?

Since I have zero pressure at key on, I'm going to assume I have a fault in either the FPR or the fuel pump. This may explain why I've had hot restart problems and longer than normal crank duration cycles.

Yes I will move to my old tune tomorrow and check. The pressure during key on only momentarily when the fuel pump sound comes after that it goes back to Zero.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Yes I will move to my old tune tomorrow and check. The pressure during key on only momentarily when the fuel pump sound comes after that it goes back to Zero.

Mines not even momentarily. Needle doesn't move with key on

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Yes it is. I am happy that this issue was sorted out, it was driving me crazy.

Glad you got it figured out. That was a huge change!

I'm going to be servicing the fuel filter and pump pre filter once my parts arrive. I'll be taking a good look at the fuel pump and making sure she's good and all of the little o-rings are as well.
I also purchased a new factory FPR and will be giving that a go.
I'm at the end of the line when it comes to testing for mechanical issues.
If that doesn't pan out, it's time to consider tuning as the culprit.
I'm so frustrated, at this point I could easily burn the car up and bury it in the woods.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Glad you got it figured out. That was a huge change!

I'm going to be servicing the fuel filter and pump pre filter once my parts arrive. I'll be taking a good look at the fuel pump and making sure she's good and all of the little o-rings are as well.
I also purchased a new factory FPR and will be giving that a go.
I'm at the end of the line when it comes to testing for mechanical issues.
If that doesn't pan out, it's time to consider tuning as the culprit.
I'm so frustrated, at this point I could easily burn the car up and bury it in the woods.

Just let me know when and where! :D

The car is still rich with -ve correction after I moved back to my old tune. it looks like the FPR is dumping more fuel although the pressure is the same. does this make any sense!?

Do i Have to tune the MAF or something else?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
The car is still rich with -ve correction after I moved back to my old tune. it looks like the FPR is dumping more fuel although the pressure is the same. does this make any sense!?

Do i Have to tune the MAF or something else?

Your speed density right?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
You through me off with "-VE". Your MAF simply needs some fine tuning IMO.

How negative are we talking here?

I think your FPR installation simply corrected what ever problem existed before and now you need a retune. Before, when it seemed things were running correctly, it was the original tune that was compensating and now the condition got worse over time causing your current issues that the tune could not compensate for. Now the condition doesn't exist and any tune you had prior is invalid IMO.

I could probably fix this with one log.

Around A=-4 B=-2 C=-7 D=-3
Its not that bad, I was planning to purchase a membership anyway soon. Get ready for a whole tune not a fix haha :)

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Around A=-4 B=-2 C=-7 D=-3
Its not that bad, I was planning to purchase a membership anyway soon. Get ready for a whole tune not a fix haha :)

That's not bad numbers. You could leave it like that with out any adjustment but if you are anal like me, you will have it adjusted. No rush though.

How are WOT AFR's now.