Aaron'z 2.5RS/WRX tribute to STi

Hi everyone, upon request... My Journal

I've owned an RS since late '98 (starting with a '99) that's when the obsession started...

Things where slow going in the beginning but we've been an AWD family for some time (and have owned many different Subies)...

RIM009510.jpg

Pre-rec for the area...
RIM01167.jpg

Fast Forward to late 2008 and these pics start popping up of a 2000 done pretty well...
46f832e3-1.jpg

2007_0913Impreza0002.jpg

I fell in love... The guy had made a fleeting mention of selling it and I jumped on him like a fat kid on a sammich..

So I took the plunge... Flew from Michigan to New Jersey to pick her up and drive her home...

1399545147_7debdc83b8_o.jpg

47d71abd.jpg

On the way I met some incredible people, one of which you all know well enough Aaronnn...
He had just gotten his LGT not long before I came around.. He ended up being my "NJ Liazion" while I was in town, very greatful... a LOT happened while I was there... Colin MacRae passed away... It was rough, 8 Subie guys sitting around a dinner table and I was the one to break the news..

We also got to go to 2 different meets, both with the Dunkin Rally team, and a car show in which I ended up with best Subaru.. !! What a crazy 3 days..
I had just gotten a new digi and didn't know how to use it, so most of my pics where lost..

1399541817_f2a1f9ce57_o.jpg

1400434220_42767de4a4_o.jpg

1399545147_7debdc83b8_o.jpg

From the car show in Newark (Extreme Rides or something)...
IMG_5784.jpg

f9c0280f.jpg

1400433186_fff934e04a_o.jpg

Aaronnn actually hooked my up STRONG, trading me his basically new LGT wheels and TIRES for my thrashed/bald painted stockers so I wouldn't die hydroplaining on the way home..

DSC00554.jpg

IMG_1942-1.jpg

Somewhere at another friends house in NY...
Aaronsflyingvidit020.jpg

This is the scene I got to see when I got home...

DSC00264.jpg

When I got the car it was swapped, completely stripped and fully repainted..

DSC00100.jpg

DSC00104.jpg

Personally I hated it... I couldn't hear myself think... More on that later...

First major mod was hooking up with a G.I. stationed in Japan and getting a pretty kickass deal on some pretty thrashed TE37's.....

Turns out to be one of the rarest colors Volk has ever offered and practically a perfect match to my car, which is no longer "subaru" blue...

DSC01939.jpg

Note: NOT "mag" blue...
IMG_0633.jpg

People often wonder why I "screwed up" my wheels by putting the red line on them... wellllllll... it wasn't so much my choice and was the best I could do with what I had...
DSC01934.jpg

DSC01935.jpg

They all went under the knife...
DSC02485.jpg

Freehand taped in the stripe with 1/8" tape, then 3/4" then plastic..

DSC02499.jpg

DSC02500.jpg

DSC02502.jpg

DSC02504.jpg

Pre clear
DSC02506.jpg

post clear
DSC02509.jpg

Dropped 5.5lbs per corner with the new combo..
DSC02524.jpg

DSC02523.jpg

When I still had the winged trunk...
DSC06783.jpg

That's as far as I've gotten so far (copy from another site, sorry)

I'll try and get more recent things up soon.... So much mods... uuugggghhhhh

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Wow, nice! I actually sort of like your "time-attack" style wheels, and the color is great on your car!

Looking forward to hearing about the rest!

Thank you Sir, I'll get on it soonly...

The wheels where a nice fluke, they match perfect and it's a factory Volk color... Quite rare actually... So rare in fact, nobody, across 4-6 different forums, has yet to show me another car or even another SET of this color Volks, that's not a "stock" Volk picture (showing the Takata green, this blue and Blaze Orange together) !!

What color blue is it--what does volk call it?

Just "blue"... not Mag Blue... just blue... So I omly applyed the red, which, in all honesty, could be wiped off with acetone in 10min and the "proper" blue color matched back to them...

The origional paint, or whatever it was, was some of the most tenachious stuff I've ever worked with, had to be powder, and I didn't think they powdered forged wheels, due to heat stress... Anyway, not a solvent I threw at them, hurt the paint (thinking powder).. crazy...

IMG_0633.jpg

Last edited:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
The only thing that I kept saying to myself while viewing those pictures was "WOW!". What a sick ride! :tup:

STimedic

Not bad, not bad.....I still have a soft spot for GC8's. If I ever had to reincarnate my current car, it'd be into one.