AC help

white04sti

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So as we all know we have been getting cold weather as of lately, I live in miami so when we get any kind of cold weather i enjoy it alot, but the other day is was cold enough for me to use the heater for the first time in the 6 years i have owned the car..

I have not been using the ac for the past few days. Today on the way home from work I was hot i work in construction so i went to turn the AC on and slid the knob over to 65* from the heat. I heard a loud hissing sound comming from the dash, know i know our Sti's do that for a quick second when we turn the AC on but my didn't stop and it got louder... Now the Ac wont get cold. The compressor turns on and everything but the air still blows warm... I am thinking that the heater valve that opens into the ac got stuck open somehow.. Any ideas how to fix this...

Thanks for you help guys

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Try running the AC again and observe when the compressor goes on. At that moment touch the aluminum part of the line coming off the compressor and feel it. It should start getting cold. If it does not, then it is not a vent or valve stuck open. It would most likely be a leak and you have lost your refrigerant.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So as we all know we have been getting cold weather as of lately, I live in miami so when we get any kind of cold weather i enjoy it alot, but the other day is was cold enough for me to use the heater for the first time in the 6 years i have owned the car..

I have not been using the ac for the past few days. Today on the way home from work I was hot i work in construction so i went to turn the AC on and slid the knob over to 65* from the heat. I heard a loud hissing sound comming from the dash, know i know our Sti's do that for a quick second when we turn the AC on but my didn't stop and it got louder... Now the Ac wont get cold. The compressor turns on and everything but the air still blows warm... I am thinking that the heater valve that opens into the ac got stuck open somehow.. Any ideas how to fix this...

Thanks for you help guys

white04sti

Try running the AC again and observe when the compressor goes on. At that moment touch the aluminum part of the line coming off the compressor and feel it. It should start getting cold. If it does not, then it is not a vent or valve stuck open. It would most likely be a leak and you have lost your refrigerant.

Thanks for your help i will give that a shot when i get out of work