AC Idler Pully Adjsuter

So this happened.....

The past two weeks I noticed there was a slight fraction of a second 'slip' feel on the motor when the AC compressor cycled which it hadnt done before. I figured since I last replaced my drive belts in Jan 2011 that it was time for new belts. They did have some slight cracks developing in them and were dry so I got two new ones. When I went to loosen the compressor idler pulley to take the belt off I noticed that the tensioner adjuster for the pulley was cracked nearly in half and separating.

This thing is made out of plastic!

So I ordered a new adjuster and new pulley Monday and got them on this evening. When I did a google search of the part number the other day, I saw there were many posts on forums, etc of Impreza and Forester owners who have had the same problem. I thought I would alert folks to check theirs out. If this thing breaks things could get messy. part number is 73134AC001

20150729_204338_resized.jpg
2009-04-0915-44-17_0007-1.jpg

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Are there any upgrades that ARENT plastic out there? Its probably time for new belts for myself as well. Is that part # the only one needed?

While I had it all apart my pulley has a very slight wobble in it and since I had to order parts anyways and wait I went ahead and ordered a new pulley 73131-FC000
and the retaining bolt that goes through the pulley and holds the pulley to the bracket 73132-AC000