ACT HDSS question

DKDunn04

My STi has around 90K on it with the stock clutch. I want to replace it now because I have the money, I have a garage to replace it in, and I'm going to be adding more power (no more then 350awhp). I was looking at getting the ACT HDSS because I saw that a ton of people recommended it for a DD with more power than stock. The only thing that worries me is that I keep seeing threads on several forums about the clutch engaging at the very top of the pedal after a few months of owning it. Does anyone have any experience with this, and does it bug the crap out of you? The car won't be driven every day, but probably 3 times a week, and my daily commute is 140+ miles. My wife also drives the car every now and then, so I don't want a really heavy pedal.

Clinton Bettner

I have the ACT HDSS clutch, and HD pressure plate on my LGT, after 20k miles the engagement point is still an inch above the floor, I've never had any problem with the clutch holding STG 2 power levels, or slamming gears while giving her hell.
It's a proven clutch that a ton of people are/have run. I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone looking for a stronger than stock clutch, but not looking for an exedy twin disk.

ZachTTLM

Good Choice of Clutch! We carry both brands but I prefer the SPEC Clutch Brand and run this on anything I drive personally.