Adjusting the Actuator on the turbo?

Z1107

Im finally going to have time this weekend to work on the Rex, one of the things I wanna knock out is turning up the boost. I have a new TD-05 16G turbo and for some reason it is topping out at 11lbs, a friend said to adjust the actuator to turn the boost up.
Question 1: Is this probably why I am only getting 11lbs of boost, the actuator needs to be adjusted?
Question 2: If it is HOW do I do this? (first turbo car, so Im still learning)
Question 3: If it isnt what could it be?

Oh and the car is running the Cobb Stage 2 map for 93 octane. If memory serves me right stage 2 raises boost to 16.5 lbs. And stock is 14.7 lbs.

Last edited:

Vermont

bump, needing some help here.

Here man, You might want to look through this link.
http://www.cobbtuning.com/info/?ID=3482

What it sounds like is that your WGDC (waste Gate Duty Cycles) are not high enough. Do you happen to know what they are at right now? Also is that tune meant for the 16g on your rex? If you are running straight mechanical this sounds about right. You could pick up a manual boost controller and crank it, BUT if your other tables are not set up for the boost you will be looking at a popped motor.

Hope this helps man. Let me know how this turns out.

Bluedemon_II

If i remember right, cobb had some 16g OTS maps on their site but don't quote me. Also stock is 14.7 on an sti, a wrx uses lower boost from stock. Do you have sti injectors on that wrx? if you are using a 16g with stock injectors, they are maxed out and any attempt to rise the boost will cause a lean condition that cannot be corrected, unless you use and tune for the right size fuel system.

At a minimum you should have pink injectors or 2007+ sti injectors a walbro fuel pump and a proper tune. OTS maps are just that, they aren't costume tailored to your mods/car.

Bluedemon_II

Also attempting to rise the boost by adjusting the actuator can be problematic and could cause boost creep. You should use a MBc or a Ebc, wich ever one the tuner is comfortable with.

Z1107

Okay, so after reading the info on Cobb, I think im just going to take the car in and get protuned, with my luck if I mess with this Ill blow my motor.

Undecisive

Before you get tuned pick up a fuel pump and some new injectors, atleas ta set of sti injectors. Otherwise it iwll limit the tune. Maxed out IDCs suck balls

Vermont

Before you get tuned pick up a fuel pump and some new injectors, atleas ta set of sti injectors. Otherwise it iwll limit the tune. Maxed out IDCs suck balls

Hey Z1107 Are the 02 WRX top or side feed? If you want man I am going to be picking up injectors within the month and installing them. I won't need my any more so if you paid for shipping you could have them.

Vermont

Sweet man. Z would you pay the shipping for my old injectors if I sent them to you? If so man you will be in luck once I get paid from the army I am gonna be picking up some 850cc DW for my self.

Undecisive

So the 02-03 are top feed huh, Maybe all the wrxs that I see have been swapped to EJ25s so that's why I kept thinking they were side feed. I know 04-06 are side feed, and then 07 goes back to top feed, that's good to know.