alignment issue after accident

melia

I recently bought my 08 GR sti knowing that the previous owner had hit a curb with the right front wheel. he claimed that he had replaced everything so i didnt think much of it.
I just got my tires changed and went in for an alignment.
Caster is maxed on both sides but the left is at 6.5 and the right side is at 5.5.
The max camber for the right wheel goes only to -.6.
The shop told me that i need to replace the lower control arm but that was already replaced by the previous owner after the accident along with the strut and sensor. I called his shop and verified this.

Does anyone have any idea what i should do next? The alignment is within factory spec but it seems like there is a problem somewhere

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Sounds like something is a little tweaked somewhere.

Also Grinder didn't you post this already?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I posted for him in the the suspension thread. Dunno man, but I'm hoping someone chimes in and it was just something installed improperly.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I recently bought my 08 GR sti knowing that the previous owner had hit a curb with the right front wheel. he claimed that he had replaced everything so i didnt think much of it.
I just got my tires changed and went in for an alignment.
Caster is maxed on both sides but the left is at 6.5 and the right side is at 5.5.
The max camber for the right wheel goes only to -.6.
The shop told me that i need to replace the lower control arm but that was already replaced by the previous owner after the accident along with the strut and sensor. I called his shop and verified this.

Does anyone have any idea what i should do next? The alignment is within factory spec but it seems like there is a problem somewhere

Sounds like the frame needs straightening to me. The right body shop should have no problem putting that back to spec.