AMR SLR T60R Information/Experience

SSJBaku

yeah i know doug well he did the original base tune on my car haha, im trying to make these numbers on forged performance dyno in atlanta, reads significantly lower, stock sti ~190whp, my buddy hip that has the dom 3 xtr made 430whp @19.5psi on pump @topspeed, but was told he wouldn't hit 380whp at forged performance

Vermont

yeah i know doug well he did the original base tune on my car haha, im trying to make these numbers on forged performance dyno in atlanta, reads significantly lower, stock sti ~190whp, my buddy hip that has the dom 3 xtr made 430whp @19.5psi on pump @topspeed, but was told he wouldn't hit 380whp at forged performance

Looked up the Dom 3 numbers.... Man is that turbo laggy and with no real gains....

I pulled up these two cars from the power section over on iwsti.com though you might like to see,

First is a AMR T60-R, mods sound very similar to yours. He was on E85 while you will be running meth, so over all very close.
http://www.iwsti.com/forums/power-bragging/199307-2007-e85-amr-sti-453-2whp-480wtq-27psi.html

Next is my personal choice for low 400hp turbo's. Stock like spool with rotated like power. Mods on the car are relativly limited, still used stock top mount for some random reason.
http://www.iwsti.com/forums/power-bragging/221968-topspeed-motorsports-dom-1-5-testing-complete-11.html

443whp and 486 torque is no joke, on a turbo that hits 300torque at 3k rpm.

Just my opinion but I would say if you are going to go lower numbers then go with the 1.5 but if you are going big turbo build then why not go all out and get a FP black?

SSJBaku

the 1.5xtr is nice, but like i said earlier top speed reads high, and on forged dyno idk if it would break the 400, main reason im not looking at hte fp black is i would believe spool would be even worse than that of the t60r

Td_d

Commander In Chief
I hate to admit it, but I've been thinking of doing that too - moving up from the Dom3xtr to the black with Kelford 272's.

With some decent tuning on the lower load / rpm timing and fuel, plus per gear timing comps, you can do quite a bit to counter the lag. Anyways, as I saw someone sag once, lag is the countdown to lift off ;)

SSJBaku

interesting, this is why im so indecisive on the turbo haha, my engine plans haven't really changed much at all since i've purchased the car, the turbo however, i think ive gone through about 8 different plans

SSJBaku

yeah, im thinking my plan might try to be get a good proposal written up to try to purchases the slr t60r with both the 8cm and 10cm housings at a discount to display public results for the vendor, might take a while to get it written up convincing enough and the money to tune since i definitely am not able to tune myself, maybe someone could teach me haha

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Yes I could imagine it hits like a freight train crashing into you from behind... BTW that's what the T60R feels like. If you do the t60r I would hope you get the 8cm. you won't like the spool on the 10cm

SSJBaku

Yes I could imagine it hits like a freight train crashing into you from behind... BTW that's what the T60R feels like. If you do the t60r I would hope you get the 8cm. you won't like the spool on the 10cm

thats what im settled on now 8cm, if later on for some reason i want the 10cm i could always just buy the housing and go for it

SSJBaku

they havent made a 60r option yet i guess its good im waiting a bit, see if the cost would be worth it dom 4 xtr vs SLR T60R with ball bearing setup