Anglesey trackday nov 2014 WALES in the uk PIC HEAVY

gilly82

Our journey this weekend began on Saturday evening when we boarded the Ulysses Ferry in dublin port Ireland at nine oclock in the evening.With our boat arriving in hollyhead Wales in the uk at midnight we headed straight to our hotel in a place called valley about five minutes drive from the port and ten minutes drive from the track.We had beers and went to sleep early.

We woke at seven had breakfast and arrived at the track for sign in and briefing.

On Sundays They run the international circuit in the morning and the coastal in the afternoon.When we got to our prebooked garage we arrived to find we were sharing with some locals also in a scooby.

We got our cars unloaded and set out on the novice laps to get familiar with the track.The company that organised the trackday had a pro driver lead us around showing us the optimum lines which was useful as we had never driven the track before.There was a nice mix of unusual and rare cars on track throughout the day

There was a few nice scoobys in the carpark that i had to get pics of

This car will split opinion for sure but i like it,you can prob guess why

There was only four imprezas on track. Hiwd(ste)in the red sti,colly in the blue sti,our pit buddy silver uk gc8 turbo and a uk spec turbo bug eye owned by a novice on his first trackday.It was painted in primer as he couldnt decide what colour to paint it

As we all got familiar with the track we all got faster and faster times altough not pushing too hard.There was quite a few high end cars having spin offs and little moments but we held our own .Im currently in between imprezas at the moment so colly was good enough to let me drive his car on the day and i have to say the car performed really well on track and i loved every second of driving it.The track is fantastic fun particularly around the back of the track with its hairpins and great views.

Near lunchtime our petrol was getting low in both cars and we had exhausted a 25l gerry can too so made plans to travel back to the nearest petrol station back in valley beside our hotel.Before we left ste noticed his brakes felt strange.

our first and only casualty stes front left brake disc(ROTOR).This would need sorting in order to drive safely.

The track closed for lunch and we asked could we head out on track to take a few moody pictures before setting off for petrol

When we returned we asked our pit buddy and the primer bug fella about spare discs to suit our car but they had no spares.A short time later the bug eye started running badly and was retired for the day.The guy was extremely kind and gave ste a lend of one of his discs (ROTORS). Seriously tho how fcuking sound is that??

Ste had the discs swapped in no time and after a healthy lunch we were all back on track,ste brought the brake disc guy out for a few laps to say thanks

As the day got closer to an end we all got a lot faster on track and I for one cant wait to go back.

Last edited:
Love the pics, looks like a great time out there.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Awesome photos! ?

Thanks for sharing with us.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Dude. That is spectacular! Thank you so much for sharing! I bet you guys had a blast!

gilly82

yea it was great,everyone was very friendly and there was a good buzz around the track with drivers wandering round checking out other drivers cars and plenty of tech/shite talk.Some of you might recognise the track from some of chris harris videos notably the one with the ferrari f40 and f50.It was cool to powerslide out of some of the bends you see in his vids

plumber

Love the track, how much for the day and are there any certain criteria to meet. Basically could I take my baby out for the day? If so when do you plan to go back, I might go with you. ?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Looks like you had such a great time. I'm so jealous :)