Annoying intermittent CEL

SirMyztiq

I keep popping a "fuel cap loose/off" CEL every now and them. I checked that little plug behind the alternator and its plugged in right.

So, what do you guys suggest?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Charcoal canister.....?

It's usually underneath the car in the right rear corner just ahead of the bumper. There are a few hoses you might want to check also. Another thing it could be is a leaky gasket at the fuel pump assembly on the top of the tank. If you replaced your fuel pump it is possible the gasket is not seated properly :tup:

SirMyztiq

It's usually underneath the car in the right rear corner just ahead of the bumper. There are a few hoses you might want to check also. Another thing it could be is a leaky gasket at the fuel pump assembly on the top of the tank. If you replaced your fuel pump it is possible the gasket is not seated properly :tup:

Oh! I actually did check that canister under the car. It looked fine to me and everything seemed plugged up correctly on it. Then again, I'm not exactly sure what I was looking for but I didn't see any visible holes or anything.

I'm going to upgrade my fuel pump soon so hopefully that fixes the issue. If not then I'll probably get a smoke test done. That is a hell of an annoying blinking light!