Any shops in WA State?

Bang876

Will my STi was loaded onto a transport truck yesterday to head up to Fort Lewis, WA and my block leave is coming to a close so Im next. Anyhow although Lewis is my duty station I havent really gotten the change to learn the area much. Does anyone know things of interest such as shops, tracks, meets, anything Subaru related really. But mainly I am looking for a good shop to regularly work on my STI. Thank guys

Stiyle11sedan

Hey man welcome to the rainy state, I was stationed at Lewis for over 6 years. There are a few decent shops around....I live a little south of Tacoma in Puyallup and there is a decent shop called PIA or Pacific Auto Import. It is only about 10-15 minutes from Lewis. There are quite a few Subies on post and I am sure they have meets all the time. If you can't find enough people and you are interested in meets there are plenty of weekly meets between Tacoma and Puyallup. Also if it is track days you are after there is a good track called Pacific Raceways that is located in Auburn which is about 30 minutes from post. They have a road course and a drag strip. There is also another racetrack located in Bremerton about 45-1hr away and they also have the same there...not quite as good in my opinion. Either way the track is only going to be open from like mid April to Oct time frame....trust me it will rain pretty much every day for about 7-8 months out of the year. Hope this helps and look forward to meeting you when you get settled.

Bang876

Hey man welcome to the rainy state, I was stationed at Lewis for over 6 years. There are a few decent shops around....I live a little south of Tacoma in Puyallup and there is a decent shop called PIA or Pacific Auto Import. It is only about 10-15 minutes from Lewis. There are quite a few Subies on post and I am sure they have meets all the time. If you can't find enough people and you are interested in meets there are plenty of weekly meets between Tacoma and Puyallup. Also if it is track days you are after there is a good track called Pacific Raceways that is located in Auburn which is about 30 minutes from post. They have a road course and a drag strip. There is also another racetrack located in Bremerton about 45-1hr away and they also have the same there...not quite as good in my opinion. Either way the track is only going to be open from like mid April to Oct time frame....trust me it will rain pretty much every day for about 7-8 months out of the year. Hope this helps and look forward to meeting you when you get settled.

Thanks man for the help:tup: i already gave them a call and ask them about some services and they seem straight forward and honest. Good luck and stay safe over there. When you get back we need to take our subie to the track one day

irishdave

Maxwell Power Services is in Marrysville. They do good work. Engine builds and tuning plus dyno services. They specialize in subarus too which is a plus.