Ask subiecop a question

Z1107

Talk to your solicitors office and show them you've corrected the problem, they'll probably lower the fine or drop it. Then go to the officers agency and speak to the chief or deputy chief and tell them you feel you MIGHT be getting harassed. Don't tell them you are, imply that you are, if you tell them you are you'll sound like every other person who complains about a ticket.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I feel this is harassment.

Z1107

DO NOT BREAK CHECK A POLICE OFFICER! You can go to jail for reckless driving, assault on a peace officer, etc. There is no he said she said when saying the cop was riding your ass, his testimony is covered under the color of law, meaning he does not lie because he is held to a higher standard than you.

subiecop

Questions:

I found out the cop was registered in another city 20 minutes away; Does he have jurisdiction to give me citations?
Does it take 20 minutes + to give me a citation?
What is your take on this? Being 11:30 PM at night, cops pulling people over and I get hit with a dark tint issue.
Do cops have to meet a certain quota for pulling people over for traffic violations in a month just to keep their job and to give the impression that they're not just sitting around?

Thanks much appreciated; I don't hate cops, but I do understand that when one has more authority or power, one will tend to abuse it.

Was he a state, county or local Officer...each one has its own boarders...

subiecop

Keep getting followed by the same officer who then pulls me over after tailing me so close I can't see his lights. I have been pulled over 4 times by him once i wasn't even in my car, second, followed me for close to 6 miles then pulled me over and ticketed me for an altered exhuast. 3rd time pulled me over for tinted license plate frame. now the 4th time i got pulled over was for window tint but i got out of that and he game me a ticket for having a out of state DL. Any suggestions?

If you or anyone else feel that an Officer is a "problem" than I suggest you go to the station and ask to speak with a supervisor. I can't say you will always be met with open arms (I suggest you dont try this in Detroit) but most departments will take the time to hear you out and often speak with the Officer.

subiecop

actually that leads to a question for subiecop...do you get profiled while in your car? :D Just an interesting thought since you are also a cop! For the most part I get left alone...but our exhausts and SEXY cars do catch a lot of attention! Oh God....I so tried to hold back..but I'm seriously eating dunkin' donuts right now at work. Please don't hurt me!!! :p
Actually I have a couple times. Once while in my car and a couple times while hanging out at the yearly cruise with my friends who have similar cars. Regardless it doesnt bother me, I know my car has a stigma and gets the attention of Officers.

Attachments

• DonutPolice.jpg
    DonutPolice.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 54

subiecop

Listen, all Officers are not created equal. We are human, make mistakes and sometimes let our personal life get in the way of our job. Some of you will only have (hopefully) one contact with an Officer and its a shame that it may be negative. Remember that we (the police) have to answer for our mistakes and you as the public have a right to express your opinion. What you need to remember is have respect, a good attitude and let the Officer do his/her job and this will most always avoid any conflict on the road. If you feel that you were treated poorly, harassed, your rights violated etc. take it up with the on duty supervisor.

subiecop

Good advice! I have only had one negative experience...probably a new guy. lol
very true, often its the "new" Officers that people have the negative experience with (not always). the newer Officers often have not fine-tuned their people skills and can be difficult. ;)

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
It's nice to see this thread back on track. :). Carry on. That is all.

Vermont

Listen, all Officers are not created equal. We are human, make mistakes and sometimes let our personal life get in the way of our job. Some of you will only have (hopefully) one contact with an Officer and its a shame that it may be negative. Remember that we (the police) have to answer for our mistakes and you as the public have a right to express your opinion. What you need to remember is have respect, a good attitude and let the Officer do his/her job and this will most always avoid any conflict on the road. If you feel that you were treated poorly, harassed, your rights violated etc. take it up with the on duty supervisor.

After 7 years of tickets and violations I still have not once been pulled over by a police officer that has been anything less than professional. Most of them time they are very polite and often let me off with either a warning or a reduced ticket because I treat them with the respect they show me. In my experience if you are polite and threat them with respect and do not question them then you will come out the other side better off. The officer is going to give you a ticket regardless just except that and fight it in court. It is his/her job to issue tickets, not dispute the finer points of law the side of the road. I have 5% tint all around my sti. That is illegal is every state know to me, and yet I have been pulled over in every where from Ohio to New York and never once have they given me a hard timer about it. You know why? I roll down my windows and I am polite and cooperative with them. When you start to give them shit and be a dick is when most officers start to issue the exhaust tickets and other stupid shit.

Bottom linem treat them as you would treat a person interviewing you for a job.

Z1107

And remember they have the power to ruin your day and life with just a stroke of the pen. Most have already put up with multiple assholes and seen terrible shit before they interacted with you, so remember that and give the officer a little latitude before running off at the mouth.