Back to stock suspension

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Why doesn't anyone make aftermarket struts for the 06's? Kinda lame. Guess i'm stuck with the feal revalves.

You don't like coilovers?

irishdave

I don't like my BC's. Too low and too harsh. Never gonna track the car and I think it would be more practical and comfortable for a dd.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Why doesn't anyone make aftermarket struts for the 06's? Kinda lame. Guess i'm stuck with the feal revalves.

I'm fairly sure Tokico D-spec's will fit an '06.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I don't like my BC's. Too low and too harsh. Never gonna track the car and I think it would be more practical and comfortable for a dd.

I have Feal coilovers and love em.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I believe they do, but are impossible to find and expensive....or at least they used to be.

irishdave

The Ohlins are nearly impossible to find now. Was just kinda curious if there was something particularly difficult about manufacturing replacement struts for the 06. All the other cars ive ever had, there were several options for strut replacement.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I think, at least in my eyes, most people typically just keep the stock struts and go with springs. If they are going new then coilovers always seem to get the attention.
With this generation car becoming an aging platform I don't see much hope for anything new or cutting edge in a lot of departments.
I think racecomp tried with their Bilstein struts for the GD but never went through with it for lack of demand. They are available for the GR and it seems options are available more readily for the GR platform. Though this does you no good.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
FWIW, I had coilovers on my Integra back in the day, and also on my STi at one point. Since I've switched, I am MUCH happier with
the gas shocks and lowering spring set up. Though coilovers can be really nice if they are quality parts AND properly tuned, I feel if
you already have (or plan to install) a bunch of other suspension components like sways, end links, etc. etc. that the handling will be
just as good as coilovers AND more comfortable with shocks/struts and springs. I know that some may not agree.....Just my $0.02.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I actually have been flirting with the idea of getting rid of my coilovers in favor of some nice struts/springs

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
It would be either take my factory struts and have them revalved with swift or yellows. Or get the Bilstein setup from Racecomp.
Fuck me I'm sick. I can never leave anything alone.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
It would be either take my factory struts and have them revalved with swift or yellows. Or get the Bilstein setup from Racecomp.

Good options. I really like the Tokico D-specs from Turn in Concepts.

Fuck me I'm sick. I can never leave anything alone.

It's the mod-bug. Remember, it's a disease and it's not your fault. :rofl:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Hey Spamby, now that we've got TiC onboard here on the forum, maybe pick
their brains about suspension options. TiC helped me a great deal when I built
my suspension.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
True, very true.

I plan to do some more to the suspension/chassis soon so I will definitely hit up TiC and others for ideas/suggestions.