Better upgrade to do on a 04 STI

Fxcloutier

Hi,

I've just bought a 04 STI, and I want to have y'all opinion on what's better upgrade to do in first. The car still my daily car by the way !

Thanks

F-x

Grinder34

Track Monkey

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Definitely stage 2 as Grinder said.
In hindsight, I'd go stage 2 but do pump and injectors, protune and EBCS right out of the gate.

FkinAllen

yeah stage 2 is the best bang for you buck. But if that's not enough im a huge fan of 20g turbo :tard:

depends on your goals, here is a cool artice with 3 different opinions for the of the leading tuners in america right now on what these motors need to hit 300whp, 400 whp, and +500 whp

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
If you want power. As many have said: stage 2.

If you want handling. Coils, sway bars. End links. :tup: and the most important factor: tires! :tup:

Fxcloutier

Finally i've do an open ecu dyno tune with 3" turboback with ewg and a little setup for more handling with good tires, wider wheels, coilovers, swaybar etc.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Finally i've do an open ecu dyno tune with 3" turboback with ewg and a little setup for more handling with good tires, wider wheels, coilovers, swaybar etc.

External waste gate is a waste of money on a stock turbo. It will gain you nothing. :tup: That is one of those things you replace only if you have a clear need for it.