Blackstone oil reports on my new 2011 sedan

white04sti

I changed my oil in my 2011 ASAP, I Bought her with 2 miles on the clock on 12/18/10 .. First oil change was at 382 then again at 1,320 , and again 3,042.. I wanted to take out the metals from break in asap! I also wanted to put in conventional motor oil for the break in. I choose to use Havoline 5w30.. I just didnt like the idea of synthetic motor oil being used in the breakin.. IMO its to slippery for everything to seat properly, I plan to change to Amsoil full synthetic at 5k, as I was running the Amsoil 5w30 in my 04 sti for 7k intervals that I drove the Sh*t out of everyday and didnt burn a drop at 65k,protuned 300hp 340tp, and the blackstone reports were telling me to run them to 10K last time I changed it.

Comments from the first oil change:

"EVAN: Don't be alarmed by all the highlighted elements in this first sample from your new Subaru engine. It's common to find high metals and silicon in new engines. The silicon comes from factory sealers and sand-casted parts, and the metals are due to the break-in of new parts. We think you were smart to run just a few hundred miles before changing the oil, because shorter oil runs for a new engine help wash all the wear-in materials out quickly. We expect the highlighted elements will improve by about half each consecutive report until they read normally. Check back next oil."

2nd oil change

"EVAN: From our perspective, you don't have to switch to synthetic at all. We don't usually notice a difference in wear between synthetic oils and non-synthetic oils, though you're certainly free to do your own experiment. As far as your engine is concerned, it looks like there's a little lingering wear-in present, though we expect your engine will compare nicely with averages next time. These numbers are certainly on the right track. The slightly low viscosity didn't come from excess fuel dilution, and wear is okay, so it's probably not a problem. Nice report!"

3rd oil report shows the comments from the last change

These were all run using the OEM subaru blue filters... But when i change to the Amsoil I have a Box of 20 OEM japan black filters I will be using from now on..

IMG-1.jpg

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I just hit 9700 miles on my STi, which is a 04 by the way, lol. I just switched to domanitor Amsoil. I go 10,000 on a motor before I switch over to a full synthetic oil. Amsoil FTW!

STimedic

I might be converting over to AMSOil for the Foz and mine. I also do the first oil change at/around 500mi as well for the same reasons. I'm holding off on installing my oil cooler setup until about my 3rd oil change for the reasons of contaminating my $400 cooler setup with metal particles.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I might be converting over to AMSOil for the Foz and mine. I also do the first oil change at/around 500mi as well for the same reasons. I'm holding off on installing my oil cooler setup until about my 3rd oil change for the reasons of contaminating my $400 cooler setup with metal particles.

I have been running the Dominator by Amsoil and love it. Seems to start easier and I picked up 2 mpg. Woot woot!