Blogger: I finally wrote a proper article about my STi.

ndubz

After 3 years running my automotive blog, Mind Over Motor, I have finally taken the time to put together a proper review article on my own 2004 STi.

I don't really have a good reason for why it took me so long, sort of a writing about your own children sort of thing, I guess. But I've had my car for over seven years, and it was definitely high time to put my thoughts on it down on paper for all to see.

I figured I'd share it with the Subaru community directly. Let me know what you guys think! :D

http://mindovermotor.com/2014/01/06/2004-subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-used-car-review/

11766121515_2f55be4d6d_z.jpg

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Very good article Nick. ;)

04 STi FTW!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Awesome read. Loved the article. Any sti owner can relate to all if not majority of the things you wrote about. This was the best part of the whole thing because i own an 04 and it made me laugh!

The reason you buy an STi is because of the driving experience. It isn?t about polish, it isn?t about style, and damn sure isn?t about comfort.

:lol:

Your car looks amazing. The only question i have is how many miles does it currently have now?

ndubz

124,xxx miles and counting. Still currently my DD but I should hopefully be getting another car to take the burden off her in the next couple weeks. I'm 99% going with a VW CC so I can balance out that "comfort" thing lmao. Once that's happened, I'm going to put my efforts toward just bringing the STi back to tip-top shape. She'll need a clutch soon, and probably some bushings in various places. But I look forward to being able to focus solely on fun with the car.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
124,xxx miles and counting. Still currently my DD but I should hopefully be getting another car to take the burden off her in the next couple weeks. I'm 99% going with a VW CC so I can balance out that "comfort" thing lmao. Once that's happened, I'm going to put my efforts toward just bringing the STi back to tip-top shape. She'll need a clutch soon, and probably some bushings in various places. But I look forward to being able to focus solely on fun with the car.

Gotcha. Another question i just thought of:

You say youve been to 160. Ive been once to 135 and once to 150. Again our younger more immature days. First time i got scared because of it. Second time i was still scared! :lol:

What im referring to is the howling noise after about 130 from the mirrors! Do you recall that?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Let's not talk about miles, lol. Glad she has been good to you.

Also the 04 STi was ranked #10 in most collectable cars upcoming.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Let's not talk about miles, lol. Glad she has been good to you.

Also the 04 STi was ranked #10 in most collectable cars upcoming.

Actually we should both be glad he was good to her!! :lol:

ndubz

There was a lot of noise at that speed haha. I was so focused, white-knuckling the wheel that I can't recall what noises came from where. Around 140 I just told my friend in the pass seat to start calling off the speed lol.

ndubz

Interesting to hear it's #10. Do you have the article or source where you saw that? I'd like to take a look.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I remember the first snowstorm I took the scoob out into. Wide open, clear six laner and was doing breakneck speeds. I knew then I had made the right choice. :)

ndubz

Yea it is silly how competent these things are in snow, especially with snow tires. I see people doing 15mph, and I just have to laugh.

Good read, thumbs up :tup:

RallySoob

i dont agree with alot of it but good article overall imo. A lot of good info in there for STi nooobs too