Boost Controller Settings

JBora

So i got my car back in November it is a 2006 STi with 46k miles, the car was in excellent condition, i had it checked out by a subaru Dealer.

The car came with:

Invidia TBE,

Injen Cold air intake

Walbro Fuel pump

850cc Injectors

Greddy Turbo Timer

EVC-S Boost Controller

and a Conservative Tune.

I am just wondering what are some good settings to run on the Boost controller, the settings it gives me are

Output %

Drop%

Response%

PSi

and warning Psi.

Would be very appreciate if anyone knows of good settings or just setting i can test out and see if i like them. Thank you.

If u posted this in the wrong forum, please move for me. thank you.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
why is that?

JBora

well i am gonna keep it on until i get my Grimspeed EWG, because i will have to get it retuned than. zoo any good settings until then?

JBora

Thanks guys, I'm looking to get an EWG probably a Grimspeed up-pipe with a Tail WG, what do you guys think 44m or 38mm? I'm looking on getting a turbo upgrade in the near future swell, you think its worth spending around 500 for that setup, it give good gains and sound good? and I'm going to get it tuned once i get that if i do.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
The only time I ever recommend an external waste gate is when there is a physical need to do so like boost creep brought on by an inadequate internal waste gate. I would also argue that boost control is marginally better with an external waste gate. You can make an internal waste gate perform as well with proper tuning provided it flows adequately enough for the application.