Boost is inconsistent, whistles like a referee. What is going on?

R3V

Symptoms: Yesterday 2lbs over boost, followed by 7lbs and 5lbs under boost. High load (highway speeds) WOT accompanied by high pitched whistle. Today, whistle occured in anything over 1st gear when going WOT (multiple times), but maintained consistent 1lbs overboost. No codes thrown.

Reason it's urgent: Getting my car on a lift tonight and would love to solve it. Soapy water testing all the lines and tightening every bolt.

Solutions?

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Any codes?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I got Reks coming on to help us. :)

R3V

Heard, now I know where to look. Think a bolt isn't tightened all the way?

And how the hell did you know that?

R3V

I guess it wasn't tight enough when they put the new motor in and the additional boost from going stage 2 slowly pushed it out. It would explain why it was so loud the first time and slowly got quieter. Get this, it was stuck behind the dip stick on the tranny. It's back in and the whole issue is fixed, hitting peak boost every time no issue. Booyah.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Good deal. Glad its all fixed. :tup:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Moved the thread to the engine section. Not considered urgent. This section is meant for those who may be stranded as a result of an issue or you are in the middle of a critical build and have run into problem or at an HPDE event as stated in the forum rules for urgent help :tup:

PlanB

Yeah had this same thing happened earlier. I knew it was my bpv since i removed it to remove my tmic on friday.

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk

R3V

Crazy right? I can't believe it was still sitting there. Thank's for the help, and my bad on posting it in the wrong spot.