Bracing! can there be too much?

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
i havent seen a thread for this so i will start one.

there are a bunch of different bracing parts available for our cars. can there be too much? and what is the limit?

discuss!!

p.s. [MENTION=662]Batmobile_Engage[/MENTION] here you go

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Sweet. So, yeah... what's the purpose of the fender braces you're looking to buy? I wish [MENTION=1172]Alin[/MENTION] was still around. I know he has them installed and seemed to like them. I can't remember what kind of performance gains were had, but maybe one day he'll come back. Maybe it stiffens things up in front and sharpens the steering response.

Bracing is generally quite helpful in some aspects. Others, not so much. Example: Strut tower braces. Rear strut tower brace works far better when in an X or V brace configuration (attached to trunk floor as third point of contact). Front strut tower brace doesn't do a whole lot unless it is in a V brace config also (attached to firewall as third point of contact).

Last edited:

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
the fender brace right from GTspec's website

"Known as the "Gacchiri Support" in Japan or CAWL Support by SPT. This chassis reinforcement will greatly improves the handling dynamics of your car. Mounts onto the door hinge and inner fender, creating a triangular support that greatly increases rigidity over OEM. Confidence in steering is gauranteed while reducing flexing of the unibody."

so from the firewall forward is separate body parts than the firewall back so this brace stiffens that connection making the car's body move as one instead of flexing.

as of right now i have the chassis bridge to support the rear deck. and want to do the fender brace to bring the front section together as well.. then sway bars and coilovers and i should be pretty much set.

the other point of this thread is to find out if other bracing parts are really needed at that point. ie. sub frame brace, trunk cage, etc.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Sounda good to me. I wonder just how much of a difference it makes. If you buy and install these, do let us know how the car feels afterwards.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk