Broke down :(

irishdave

What is the longest anyone on here has been out of commission? My car has been dead since mid December and it is killing me. Gotta wait for the second week of March to get my car in the shop. Time is goin so slooow lol.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Oh crap that sucks... The longest time for me was about two weeks but that was because I was waiting for parts. I can remember being out side on the driveway installing engines in the middle of February and 27* weather because I refused to be without my car. :D

irishdave

Yeah, it sucks. It will be worth it when it's done. i'm just impatient. Next time i'm at the shop, i'll take some pics of the cars that are there. Some hot cars in the lot.

DierwulfBL

Back when I only had my CRX, all installs and fixes were completed start to finish without stopping until it was done. Now that I have 3 road-worthyish cars as long as 1 is in commission I tend to take my sweet time getting everything fixed. Atleast my garage hides my busted cars up on jackstands and theyre not out in the field :tard:

irishdave

Mine is sitting in my driveway. No garage. Thats the only thing that sucks about where i live. My next place will definately have a garage. It's a pain in the ass trying to work on anything in a gravel driveway! The car goes in the shop the second week of march. Getting closer. Can't wait. :)

DierwulfBL

i worked on cars in gravel driveways until I was 27 (last year lol) so I feel your pain and it will make having a garage all that much more sweet if you've experienced gravel and super cold/hot weather. I will say I don't miss those days much but I learned everything on my back in the gravel so it's all good!