BRZ STi "CONFIRMED"

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I have a lot of connections now from IGOTASTi.COM and I was just told from a inside source there will be an STi version of this car and we will get photos coming up. Can't wait to see them. I will keep everyone informed. Here is a neat little video also.

[video]http://blip.tv/drivingsports/2013-subaru-brz-5782559[/video]

bugeye_fever

Can't wait to see one at an autoX, here's to hoping some area miata drivers defect! lol I've never understood why some dislike the car because its f/r. This car won't replace the already pretty sweet awd platform that Subaru has, and it wasn't meant to. Its to add to an already great brand, which I have to say has the most brand loyal customers around. I don't think it will fail either, Subie diehards may not care for it, but all the toyota fans out there who have been waiting for another sports car.. this is it. It may even serve to increase Subie's fan base, adding a great handling platform to the stable.

I just wanna know where it falls class wise, CS? Gotta be

PlanB

Yeah, its the race edition its going to have sti parts. As sti is the racing division.

But I think it's going to take a year or two but we gets our hands on one. Brz sti of course. Just because of the new expanded line up. Wrx is its own platform now and now they added brz to tell lineup.

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk

Stiyle11sedan

I have to be honest if they do come out with the BRZ STI and it still has the STI drivetrain I will have to jump on this. I was very close to buying a genesis until I woke up and realized it is still just a damned Hyundai. I have been waiting for a two door RWD sports car for a while now that could actually perform and not cost and arm and a leg!!

Vermont

The 4the cylinder version of the Genesis has the same 4b11 you would get in an evo X it is just down tuned a bit. Once the brz hits show room floors I am going to go check on out on a test drive. I really hope they use the STI drive train on the new brz STI but just with out the AWD as that could kinda be pointless and would compete with their flagship the STI. A new 2.0 engine with directthe port injection would be nice.

Stiyle11sedan

They have already said it will NOT be a AWD car and they haven't even announced the turbo version yet. All they said is that it will be a 2.0 Boxer @ around 300hp...and the world motor is the same block but not anywhere near what the Evo has. They are using the Theta II motor which is still the 4B11 just not the 4B11 World Engine that Mitsu uses.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Little do you know my young apprentice. :)

Vermont

They have already said it will NOT be a AWD car and they haven't even announced the turbo version yet. All they said is that it will be a 2.0 Boxer @ around 300hp...and the world motor is the same block but not anywhere near what the Evo has. They are using the Theta II motor which is still the 4B11 just not the 4B11 World Engine that Mitsu uses.

That does sound good for the BRZ then, I do wish that Subaru would get over their fucking fear of crossing the 300hp limit.... Nowa days even the v6 mustang has more fucking power than a stock sti.... Hell when the sti first came out here in the states it out performed every sports car out there that costs less than $70k, but now even the newer fucking Ford Focus RS compares to an STI..... For god sakes Subaru give us over 300hp....

Z1107

They won't because of the Japanese gentlemans agreement, but the next WRX is supposed to have 305hp

Stiyle11sedan

You guys are killing me with all of this hush hush stuff......I just want a damn BRZ STI with a good motor and turbo!!! Not too much to ask right :?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
You guys are killing me with all of this hush hush stuff......I just want a damn BRZ STI with a good motor and turbo!!! Not too much to ask right :?

Not at all.