Built ShortBlock?

LTZ_STI

Ok first off that to the guys from FB for your info
Now let's get to it
I'm looking to get a short block for my 02 Wrx power goal is 600hp
First question build or buy?- I herd it cheaper to buy in the long run
Looking to buy a NEW short block not to get on rebuilt
2nd question Who?? I was lookin at S&R performance blocks and I'm really leaning toward them-anyone Have experience with S&R

Here's S&R Stage 2 block info all said and done should be around 4k
Our Stage 2 STi Short Block is really built to handle as much power as the stock sleeved block can handle. We take our Stage 1 build process but instead of the H Beam Rods, we step it up to the Manley Turbo Tuff I Beams! These are BEASTLY rods. These rods can handle over 800hp and with these forged pistons, well, let's just say that you can boost to your hearts content!*

Features:*
Forge Pistons of You Choosing (Options Listed Above)*
Manley I Beam Turbo Tuff Rods*
Nitride Crankshaft
STi Block (EJ257)
OEM Bearings - ACL Bearings available upon request
Internals Good to 800bhp

Each short block is hand assembled, in house and will come with complete documentation of the build and notes and instructions on proper final assembly and break in. If you have a specific spec that you'd like it built to, we can also*accommodate*those needs.*

We also offer in house Cryo Treatment on all of the engine parts. We take each of the engine parts and run them through the 24 hour cryo process to help strengthen them. This will help you get the very most out of your motor build.*

We know that engine selection is a big step in the build process. We encourage you to ask questions and let us know how we can help you. *

Any Other info I would greatly appreciate
Thanks

LTZ_STI

Thanks I'll look into them and that's what I wanna do but herd it's cheaper to have a company do it and it would prolly get done quicker

LTZ_STI

I'm thinking ill run a gt35r something to get me 500whp on pump gas,top feed DW 1200cc but I herd they have terrible idle probs. didn't think about headwork yet I'm still researching into parts

LTZ_STI

Nice good luck with it I'm gonna run 50/50 meth on my 04 full bolt ins with a gt30r looking for 400-450whp but yeah for head work I've been seeing a lot of ppl running super tech with Kelford cams for the higher hp motors

burks569

I'd say the biggest supporting mod you're gonna need is a new trans. Either some PPGs or an STi 6 speed. Your factory trans will snap at just a little over half of your power goal unless you're smooth as butter and never launch it/shift aggressively/have any real fun with it at all lol. It's not cheap and it sucks, I know, I'm in the same boat although I'm not shooting for THAT much power.